Handling Issue...Pushing wide & squealing noise

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Hey guys

I'm having issues with the car pushing wide ( mostly at lower speeds ) you'll turn nice and smoothly and a I get is a shed load of tire squeal and end being over the other side the road. I've taken it to the local motor sport garge and the only thing they could find was a hair line crack in one of the engine mounts... Take it to Honda for its service in the same week; asked them to have a look...and they tell me the engine mount is fine =/ only thing they found was that the near side tire is wearing faster than the rest.
Any ideas? Obv this is becoming an issue; owning a type r that you can't "drive" sucks! And even more frustrating is that I've been told by two places there isn't anything mechanically wrong!
It had a geo set up 6months ago and is running yoko parda spec 2 tyres so isn't down to the rubber I'd have thought
Any suggestions would be great
Cheers

Dan34

Advanced Member
Have you had the tracking checked recently? Sounds like mega toe out/in to me.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Yup. Get it aligned, then get new tyres. Because they'll now be worn in an uneven fashion and make matters worse.

Make sure you get decent tyres.

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Ive just noticed i missed out one of the other issues.. there is a mechanical type squeal as well ... its not consistant but it happens at various times; under braking, turning, going over a speed hump etc. I've got some bits to get a FSRU up done, so ill get that done soon see if that solves the issue. I was just hoping I'd be able to find an explanation for the mechanical squeal before I had the FRSU done

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Yokohama Parada tyres are naff IMO. Had them on my prelude. Shocking.

My suggestion is;

FRSU with Eibach equipment if your not already running different suspension

Yokohama AD08r's (new spec)

What wheels are you running? If its miss aligned you will get all sorts of issues. The mechanical squeal could be anything. Unless you have a video it's very hard to help.

Adam

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Ill get a video up for you hopefully later. I have standard wheels with Mugen Showa suspension. I've got the eibach rear arms and the front bolts ready for the set up. I've never had issues with the pardas, it's only the last few weeks all these issues have popped up =/

Gareth88

Advanced Member
I had the car fully polly bushed about six months ago when the suspension was fitted; So hopefully it's not any of the bushes =/ but I will get it over the pit and have a check cheers