Harness or no?

armjoker

Advanced Member
Hi guys, I am planning to buy 3, or 4 point harness and need some info on them.

What brand I should go for?
Will I be able to fold the seats or move them back front after installing them and do I need any modifications to install them in DC5?

Found securon on ebay for good price 80 delivered to cyprus. What you think about them?

Dave
:xcheers:

haitch

Advanced Member
I would not run a harness with a folding seat. As for brands, not heard of Securon so would spend elsewhere, for JDM gayboys its Takata, otherwise lots to choose from, Sabelt, Schroth etc, seatbelt style or proper fastenings, looks or functional..

armjoker

Advanced Member
haitch said:
I would not run a harness with a folding seat. As for brands, not heard of Securon so would spend elsewhere, for JDM gayboys its Takata, otherwise lots to choose from, Sabelt, Schroth etc, seatbelt style or proper fastenings, looks or functional..
I dont have money for TAKATA :roll:

Just looking for some extra safety and also look cool :)

armjoker

Advanced Member
Do u have cage in the car? I am thinking to use back seat belt top position to mount top parts. My car has full saloon inside, Im not planning to remove seats or anythink. Ill use bottom bealt point on the right and left of the seats (the original points and the back seat belt top mount. will it be ok, safe?

Dave

blueguy

Resident J's whore
armjoker said:
Do u have cage in the car? I am thinking to use back seat belt top position to mount top parts. My car has full saloon inside, Im not planning to remove seats or anythink. Ill use bottom bealt point on the right and left of the seats (the original points and the back seat belt top mount. will it be ok, safe?

Dave
If I'm understanding correctly you're talking about the rear seatbelt anchor points and using eyebolts? If so, you'll be fine. Everyone uses those that doesn't have a cage/custom mount points.

armjoker

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
armjoker said:

Dave
If I'm understanding correctly you're talking about the rear seatbelt anchor points and using eyebolts? If so, you'll be fine. Everyone uses those that doesn't have a cage/custom mount points.
Yes thats what I wanted to say:) But then I wont be able to fold the seats right?

Also how long the belt should be to reach the back seatbelt point?

kingston

Advanced Member
Search will be your friend on this subject

Leave normal belt in for MOT time - should you get the aircraft style clip in system as itll fail the MOT

armjoker

Advanced Member
Im not removing normal belt. I dont want the one has around in middle and 4-5 peaces going in it. I dont know how its called TBH. It will take hours to put the belt on :) Im getting one like the OEM release on it.

Hancock

Advanced Member
I use sabelt one as shown in link. It has push button release so you can take it out after trackdays, no need to take rear seats out once eyebolts are fitted! The only issue you will have is the eyebolt what fits next to centre console as it will scrap when moving seat. I had a custom welded bracket to stop this happening.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorspor ... /1755/1114