Harnesses

linzi94

Advanced Member
before everyone says use the search button, i did, and for some reason didnt find what i was looking for.

id like to know if it is possible to fit both front seat harnesses and keep the back seats in place. would this be done with a 4 point harness?

if anyone has helpful pictures of exact installation too then great!

(the last search i did the pictures didnt work)

thanks in advance :)

kingston

Advanced Member
Linzi - http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/search.php?mode=results

(if that doesnt work, search harness, kingston in name part :wink: )

If you go witha 'fixed' harness, whether it be a 3/4 point harness, youll lose the ability to use the rear seats whilst to get in/out of the rear, the seats will ahve to be sled to max forward position and then said persons will have to limbo in. Done this before in my Seicento :D

Get some:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=S/H4608DFB

linzi94

Advanced Member
cheers Kingston but still no pics.

i have been looking at takata and luke, i have been in my mate's evo with 4 point lukes and the back seats were still in place - mybe just ask him.

no one is ever in the back of my car so it wont matter.

JT3173

Advanced Member
This may sound silly but what about if you got a DoLuck rear foot well brace perminantly installed and then phaps get it modified to take the harness clips, if they are that type?

Just an idea :D

linzi94

Advanced Member
hmm, i see where you're coming from.

my workmate has discovered 2 eye-bolts hidden behind the carpet behind his drivers seat (CW DC5) looks like the carpet has met Mr Stanley blade, not too keen on that!

the links for the pics from the previous searches dont seem to work for me - pictures of penguins...

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Linzi I had mine installed with the rear seat in place - although you can't tip the front seat to get to them!

The bolts to fix to are just at the join between the rear seat cushion and backrest so no problem with leaving the seats in place.

I have just removed mine so if you want a loan to try it out then let me know - I am in Bothwell/East Kilbride a lot these days so could drop it past your work.

linzi94

Advanced Member
SpideyMack said:
Linzi I had mine installed with the rear seat in place - although you can't tip the front seat to get to them!

The bolts to fix to are just at the join between the rear seat cushion and backrest so no problem with leaving the seats in place.

I have just removed mine so if you want a loan to try it out then let me know - I am in Bothwell/East Kilbride a lot these days so could drop it past your work.
excellent, a wee loan would be greatly appreciated :D

linzi94

Advanced Member
still no pics of these or details of where i should be fixing them? is there no one out there with these fitted to their teg? :?

linzi94

Advanced Member
and will i be left with an SRS light problem?

(after doing a search i see that the seatbelt light can be overcome but the airbags wont work correctly if i stack the car - touch wood)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm. good question .
if you remove the std seatbelt wiring then you will defo get the srs light. if the light is on the system is inactive.

however if you leave them in place who knows what will happen, i don't know if your airbags will deploy if you don't have the seatbelt plugged in tothe female part, from memory i think they will still work but wouldn't like to say.

the other thing to consider is with harnesses in the event of a crash you won't go forward at all so the airbag in the steering wheel will hit you even harder rather than meeting you halfway and absorbing some impact, could be nasty

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Take it the loan is no longer required Linz?

I hadn't forgotton - been down your way twice since I offered, but both times in a mega rush :oops: