Has anyone had a baffled sump fitted?

Wootty

Advanced Member
Bought one off Livvy and Paul and had my local garage fit it when doing the MOT last. They made a bit of a drama out of it but it went on OK in the end and cost me 3 hrs labour. Dont forget that the sump gasket is a glue one so they usually like to let it set for a whole day befoer filling and firing it up again.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Wootty said:
Bought one off Livvy and Paul and had my local garage fit it when doing the MOT last. They made a bit of a drama out of it but it went on OK in the end and cost me 3 hrs labour. Dont forget that the sump gasket is a glue one so they usually like to let it set for a whole day befoer filling and firing it up again.
Cheers for the insight mate.

If I do pursue it I'll be getting Tom @ TGM to do the work tbh.

Have you had any issues with leaking @ all?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Have a tgm one on mine fitted and filled straight away no problems at all.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Cheers Guys, sounds daft but ideally want the Spoon one as it would be in keeping with the rest of the mods already on the car.

Might speak to Tom & see what he can do :p

Livvy

Advanced Member
Don't waste ya money on a Spoon one Lee, no one will know once fitted anyway. I would have thought Tom's would be the best bet.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Livvy said:
Don't waste ya money on a Spoon one Lee, no one will know once fitted anyway. I would have thought Tom's would be the best bet.
Thanks mate....I knew you'd point me in the right direction :wink:

Yet again thanks :D

dan the man

Advanced Member
unlessu get a spoon or othwer make nice and cheap second hand.Its not like they can rust is it :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
dan the man said:
unlessu get a spoon or othwer make nice and cheap second hand.Its not like they can rust is it :wink:
Dan were you drunk, try again mate :p
christ yeah that didnt make sense!!

NOTE :idea: :idea: with baffled sump i still got oil starvation at the ring..ONLY ONCE but i got it with spoon sump and full oil PRO S. So god knows what i can do now..was on road tires too..slicks would make it worse so dunno if im charging hard or what. :cry: :cry:

ONLY ONCE IN 27 LAPS THO..so miles better than with OEM.