Has anyone??

paul 16v

Advanced Member
has anyone managed to modify there headlights to remove the orange reflector in the headlights on a preface lift dc5??

pics or a guide would be usefull

cheers

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Obviously you need to take the light apart. Just so happens im currently taken apart my lights to clean :lol:

The orange reflecter has a silver backing behind it in the pastic. This could be painted black.

The indicator light could also be removed and simply replaced with a orange/silvervision bulb.

Grov

Banned
I thought about this as well, would look a lot better if it didn't have the orange sticking out IMO.

Woody, was it easy to take the light apart? When i had the bumper off a few weeks ago to mesh it, i had a look at the lights with my dad, and we couldn't get the plastic clips off, they seemed really stiff, and 1 just snapped off. I want to take them apart in the future to clean the inside and stop the condensation on the one.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Theres a few guides on here. Easiest way is to stick it in the over to soften the glue. The glue stays soft for about a minute or so which gives you just enough get the lense off. The clips dont really hold it on at all once the glue is soft.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Yeah thats the one bit I havnt got round to doing as I want the right glue and clear all the old glue. To scared to do it at the min lol