Have Hondata cracked the facelift ECU yet?

jostrom

Advanced Member
As far as I know the only difference in facelift ITRs is the immobilizer. This was covered in my K-Pro sales topic. It's only the Acura RSX-S 2005-> ECU that's different and can't be K-Pro'd. At least you can use 2001-2004 Acura RSX-S PRB K-Pro'd ECU.

turbo5

Advanced Member
Well I hope so Mine is being fitted on the 27th March. I will let you know.

turbo5

Advanced Member
:( Took the car to System R today and no luck in fitting the kpro,
Paul couldn't get it to run for more than a few seconds, as though they was no fuel getting through, he spent a few hours trying different things etc.
But, the may be light at the end of the tunnel. When he put on the US Kpro it run. :D so Paul asked me to give him a week while he contacts hondata and trys to understand why the 01-04 ECU kpro wont work. he did say though considering it runs with the US Kpro they shouldn't be a problem in craking the facelift.
I told him there are a few facelift owners interested, so If he cracks it I hope you put your business his way considering all the effort he put into it today.
I will keep you informed

jostrom

Advanced Member
Interesting. So he installed the KPro into your facelift ECU and it didn't work? Or did he try to instal a Kpro'd pre-facelift ECU? The KPro boards are all the same regardless of the ECU they are installed into. The differences are in the ECUs...

dan the man

Advanced Member
ahh bad news Dave. Hopefully he will sort it out..id have left turbo meancing at him till he damn well sorted it :!:

:lol:

JCW

Advanced Member
gutted for you mate hope they sorts it out, looks hopeful though with US Kpro running :)

turbo5

Advanced Member
jostrom said:
Interesting. So he installed the KPro into your facelift ECU and it didn't work? Or did he try to instal a Kpro'd pre-facelift ECU? The KPro boards are all the same regardless of the ECU they are installed into. The differences are in the ECUs...
He tried installing a preface lift Kpro'd ECU which didn't work. But when he tried the US Kpro'd ECU it worked. After a bit of research on the Hondata website someone has said on the facelift DC5 one of the pins shares the immobliser and fuel. Which could be why no fuel was getting through. I think the facelift ECU can be Kpro'd but the 2001-2004 ECU wont work so any loaner ECU while mine is being Kro'd would have to be the US Kpro'd ECU
Anyhow lets see how Paul gets on with his research, I will keep you posted.

jostrom

Advanced Member
Yeah, that's what I thought since I have made some research too due to selling US K-Pros. Now you need to make a choice between getting your own ECU K-Pro'd or just buying a US K-Pro... I bet standard facelift DC5 ITR ECUs will be very hard to find when you start selling your car...

Would be interesting to know if a PRB ECU (US K-Pro) could be coded to a facelift DC5 ITR immobilizer. They can't be coded to euro EP3 CTRs...

turbo5

Advanced Member
jostrom said:
Yeah, that's what I thought since I have made some research too due to selling US K-Pros. Now you need to make a choice between getting your own ECU K-Pro'd or just buying a US K-Pro... I bet standard facelift DC5 ITR ECUs will be very hard to find when you start selling your car...

Would be interesting to know if a PRB ECU (US K-Pro) could be coded to a facelift DC5 ITR immobilizer. They can't be coded to euro EP3 CTRs...
I am not that bothered about getting the ECU to work the immobliser due to having an aftermarket Cat 1 alarm fitted. this doesn't use the immobliser. so I am still covered with my insurance if I take this route.