Have i made a boo boo?

Jayk

Advanced Member
Ive got ABP lowering springs with standard shocks, but its down 35mm. The other day a rear shocker gave up mid bend, (hairy moment)

So i decided to go for coilovers, picked up a set of Tein Type Flex coilovers. Now im thinking these maybe too hard for the road, car is used every day.

My first DC5 had eibach and oem shocks and it was really good combo, second dc5 had tein ss springs, which were good also, now im happy with the ABP springs but not sure if the coilovers are going to bounce me into the next field!

I can always sell them as they are 2 months old and i got them cheap, and get new oem shocks all round and put my abp's back on, but that probably wont be cheap.

What do people think here? I will fit them and adjust the height next weekend, and then get ABP to set up a geo and damping on the coilovers.

Anyone got these coilovers what are they like for a fast road set up. At the moment i think the car handles well, normal road tyres it "looks" like -1 front and -2.75/3 rear camber, plenty of front grip without the rear kicking out much!

Cheers
Jay

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
Ive got ABP lowering springs with standard shocks, but its down 35mm. The other day a rear shocker gave up mid bend, (hairy moment)

So i decided to go for coilovers, picked up a set of Tein Type Flex coilovers. Now im thinking these maybe too hard for the road, car is used every day.

My first DC5 had eibach and oem shocks and it was really good combo, second dc5 had tein ss springs, which were good also, now im happy with the ABP springs but not sure if the coilovers are going to bounce me into the next field!

I can always sell them as they are 2 months old and i got them cheap, and get new oem shocks all round and put my abp's back on, but that probably wont be cheap.

What do people think here? I will fit them and adjust the height next weekend, and then get ABP to set up a geo and damping on the coilovers.

Anyone got these coilovers what are they like for a fast road set up. At the moment i think the car handles well, normal road tyres it "looks" like -1 front and -2.75/3 rear camber, plenty of front grip without the rear kicking out much!

Cheers
Jay
That's a lot of rear camber mate! Can't comment on the TEINs mate but I would have thought they will be a bit stiffer then stock dampers and springs.

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
I have Tein Flex coilovers on mine mate. I really like them. They are quite harsh and stiff... but I am used to them now and wouldn't revert back to standard dampers again!

Jayk

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Jayk said:

Cheers
Jay
That's a lot of rear camber mate! Can't comment on the TEINs mate but I would have thought they will be a bit stiffer then stock dampers and springs.
I know mate, looks the dogs from the rear on the move :p But i want this taking back to a maximum of 2 degrees.

Tiger cheers dude, they have arrived, i might fit them this evening and see how it goes.

Jay