Haven't seen another DC5 since i have the car!

larz

Advanced Member
Have the car 2 months now and i haven't seen another DC5. Well I saw a non typeR dc5 that some old lady drives [-X I'm delighted the car is so rare... lots of people ask me what it is... There are plenty of DC2s around but nobody has a DC5...

Constantly getting challenged to races though... I have nothing to prove and i think they know that, but it can get annoying...

jay82

Advanced Member
larz said:
Have the car 2 months now and i haven't seen another DC5. Well I saw a non typeR dc5 that some old lady drives [-X I'm delighted the car is so rare... lots of people ask me what it is... There are plenty of DC2s around but nobody has a DC5...

Constantly getting challenged to races though... I have nothing to prove and i think they know that, but it can get annoying...
depends where you are in ireland to be honest, theres alot around dublin but i never see members on here
people trying to race me gets annoying aswell, i just have no time for it to be honest

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I've had mine well over a year now and I've never seen one on the road while I was driving mine! and only seen a handfull of them around while I've been driving during the day in my Van!

I live in a small village near York and theres 2 R8's here and a R35 GTR!!

They are still quite rare! 8)

dave kil

Advanced Member
I see 2 every day I go to work. And the guys that own them are in the same section as me. You can take a wild guess what we normally talk about at breakfast :green:

larz

Advanced Member
haha... nah i'm delighted they're pretty rare here... 2 others in Kerry that i know of... on of the guys is on here and the other guy, i looked at his car when looking around to buy...

Wonder how many of them there are in Ireland...

Granty1056

Advanced Member
IntegraDan said:
I've had mine well over a year now and I've never seen one on the road while I was driving mine! and only seen a handfull of them around while I've been driving during the day in my Van!

I live in a small village near York and theres 2 R8's here and a R35 GTR!!

They are still quite rare! 8)
Hi. Me and the wife are regular shoppers at Monks Cross and Clifton Moor. Look out for a blue one.
Hope to see you.

There's only one in Whitby to date. When I picked it up three weeks ago the lads in my local
asked me to drive by. I could'nt resist. They came out onto the footpath and clapped and cheered.

Just a bit of harmless fun. Regards.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
There's only one in Whitby to date.

Thats quite mad I only moved over to York last December, from Scarborough!!

To be honest I rarely drive it into York, usually use the girlfriends VW, your more likely to see mine in Scarborough when I visit the Folks!

I'll be on the look out now!

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
a guy tried to race me this morning and done some crazy manover in a sporty FIAT Punto!

He was nuts and i made the "nuts" hand gesture to him which made him very angry haha!

I certainly have nothing to prove to a FIAT!

cpoh

Advanced Member
larz said:
any idea how many there are in ireland?
Quite a few i would imagine at this stage, theyre definitely not rare anyway. I see 4-5 on average a week, all bog standard looking and sounding. Not many modified guys around by the looks of things.

larz

Advanced Member
well there are more vauxhall VXRs in my town (35k people). There are more R34s, M3s and S15s in the town than DC5s... I'm pretty lucky that way.

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
In the town I live in, in Northern Ireland there are four knocking about (including my new 'rare' silver!)

Northern Ireland is full of them to be honest, always a few at shows and I see different ones around Belfast reguarly. I recently bought an E46 M3 as well and since owning it I havent met another on the road :)