Hawk Pads - Any good?

Alien

Advanced Member
Do you reckon they'll fit? The description says they'll fit the Acura RSX and S2K, but the auctions for DC5 pads. Is this maybe for the non Type-R DC5?

sinbad

Advanced Member
I believe they will fit.

Cambridge motorsport are the official importer/traders for these, VTEC DIRECT and 8Speed can also offer competative prices too.

The HPS is really a street pad
The HP+ are for fast road/track use. similar to the DS2500.

The HP+ are going to be my next purchase once i get paid.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The dc5 and s2000 pads are different so I would check with the vendor exactly what he is selling

acepty

Advanced Member
Hi lads
I recently changed pads and went for the hawk pad mainly for the price and readily availability, I would have loved to buy the Dixcel Z pads but I'm currently in a bit tied budget and also my OEM pads were gone so needed to replace ASAP to avoid damage to the disc and the Dixcel would have taken longer to arrive.
Any way this is the Hawk model number I purchased and installed in my DC5 "HB545F.564" they are HPS model so I reckon more street type than anything, but I can safely say they feel at least 5x times better than stock pads that came with the car, they have better initial bite, no squeal and I haven't feel them fade yet (no track or anything that serious) but for the spirited driving I normally do they give me the confidence the Brembos OEM did not.
The only bad thing about them (if you see it as such) is that they are made to fit the 350z brembos therefore If I recall correctly they should be 17mm thick when OEM DC5 brembo should be 14mm, in my case I put them right in without reducing the thickness to correct specs and so far so good

HTH

Alien

Advanced Member
Thanks for the help everyone! From what I can gather they seem like decent pads.

I've managed to get in contact with a supplier on the same pads (HB545F.564), the only thing is there's a 2 week wait involved. Nevemind, good thing come to those who wait right :)

Japshop have Hawk pads on the shelf, We use them with our Race/Track day rotor conversion,but I wouldnt use HP+ on an OEM disc, they will wear the disc out and maybe squeak a bit.

sinbad

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
Japshop have Hawk pads on the shelf, We use them with our Race/Track day rotor conversion,but I wouldnt use HP+ on an OEM disc, they will wear the disc out and maybe squeak a bit.

How much for the hawk+ front pads?
Glad to see you got back ok, we were Hopi g for a drag from the toll booth lol

:lol: I just stick the cruise control on and relax.. only took us just under 3 hours with a red bull stop.