Hazard light buttom illuminate in dark?

yosin

Advanced Member
As above really.

I was looking for my hazard light button whilst driving couple nights ago and noticed that it wasnt illuminated along with the other buttons like the heater dials and fan speed dials.

I pressed the hazard button and it works but theres no light illuminating it in the dark.

Is this right, should it be illumuniated?

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Bulb change, I have the same problem, just been lazy and not ordered a replacement bulb. Think its a T3 bulb

yosin

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
Bulb change, I have the same problem, just been lazy and not ordered a replacement bulb. Think its a T3 bulb
]
Is this by removing the head unit out and pulling off the hazard connector cable?

Hobs

I had the same problem with my car, it turned out to be a fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay.
It goes every time I remove my centre console and disconnect the hazard switch.
It's just worth a look before you go replacing bulbs.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Hobs said:
I had the same problem with my car, it turned out to be a fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay.
Yeah it's definitely not the fuse as my interior light has gone too. (Checked and double checked) Might need a new bulb for that as well. But it was quite intermittent. Doesn't work at all now! Lol

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Turns out I need to do this too - Doh! Replied to the topic and didn't even check my own!

yosin

Advanced Member
lol. so it appears that this was a good reminder aswell :)

Hobs said:
What fuse was it for that matter? no harm in checking that aswell..

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Well I took my hazard switch out today. Had to pull the stereo surround out to do it. Then there are two screws that hold the switch in place.

There is a red/maroon screw on one side of the switch. Turn it 90 degrees and then carefully pull the bulb out.

I couldn't get the bulb out without bending the connectors on the back of it. But once out I guess I can just replace the bulb.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Same way I changed the bulb on my fog light switch, you can get replacements from Maplin.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Same way I changed the bulb on my fog light switch, you can get replacements from Maplin.
Did you get the whole part or just the bulb Max?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Part number for bulb from Honda

35851-SM4-003

Will see how much they are tomorrow.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
The bulbs are called Neo-wedge or T3. eBay sell the SMD LED types for about £5. Or Honda seem to sell them for £4.69 as per Topgeezers post.

Think I will opt for the Honda OEM.