Head Unit

Kev.W

Advanced Member
I finally picked up my DC5 yesterday! I've come around to try and get the head unit out that came with the car, has anyone got experience in taking an Alpine MDA-W915J out as all the manuals I can find or help on Google is all in Japanese

dave7368

Advanced Member
take the whole surround out, then the head unit unbolts from that when it's out...

Kev.W

Advanced Member
Is there a step by step guide to getting the fascia out or a picture of the back of one so I know where the clips are as I've tried getting it off but doesn't seem to move

dave7368

Advanced Member
there are 2 bolts up from the bottom, you have to remove the lower centre panel (the panel where the 12v socket is) to access these, once they are removed it is just held in with push in clips in each corner of the head unit surround. iirc.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Lower centre panel just pops off on clips. Look for the tool location on the left an right. I used a bit of wooden dowel whittled to a screw driver point, helps to stop scratching.

Kev.W

Advanced Member
That's help, thanks! Next question where to I get an adaptor for UK head units?

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Halfrauds sell them mate, not sure how much though as I got mine free as I bought my headunit from them.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Halfrauds for me too. Think it was typical halfords price as in twice what I could buy it online but still only about 12 quid from memory.