Headlight Adjustment for EU countries

Sol-Annoyed

Hi,
I'm hopefully off through the tunnel to mainland Europe soon and was wondering about the headlight direction issue.
It's been suggested that I get the silver stickers from Halfauds to deflect the beam pattern.

My car is a facelift 2006 DC5 and has markings on the lamp housing suggesting that there might be some way of moving the beams.
There's a D->U arrow and an L->R arrow on each lamp
Does anyone have any experience or advice on this? picture attached

Thanks for reading,
Jon

Attachments

abbey132

down up left and right i would have a wild guess as to thats what those letters mean, but very unlikely you will get enough adjustment for driving on the wrong side of the road, just put the stickers on, centre position is marked on the lens/cover..

wj51fut

Advanced Member
kahn_v said:
i wouldn't bother, they don't check anyway
Yep. I've been driving abroad three times now and visited 7 countries. Never got stopped once. Save your money.

Sol-Annoyed

abbey132 said:
down up left and right i would have a wild guess as to thats what those letters mean, but very unlikely you will get enough adjustment for driving on the wrong side of the road, just put the stickers on, centre position is marked on the lens/cover..
I kind of guessed that :xgrin:
I was looking more for a "Put a 10mm spanner here and turn anticlockwise" answer but thanks for answering
Cheers,

Sol-Annoyed

kahn_v said:
i wouldn't bother, they don't check anyway
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
Yep. I've been driving abroad three times now and visited 7 countries. Never got stopped once. Save your money.
My dad used to say "There's them what get away with it and them that don't. You Son, you don't!"
So if the gendarmerie are having a bad day it will definitely be me that gets a pull.
Thanks for the replies, guys
Jon

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I've been going to Europe every year since 2001 and I've never once been checked. Don't waste your money, carry some stickers with you if you're paranoid. The French can be choonts though.