headlight ballast

Cheung_dc5

hi, I've got a faulty headlight ballast and wondered if there was a way to repair or replace with an after market ballast? a new ballast is over £300 +vat :(

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Cheung_dc5 said:
hi, I've got a faulty headlight ballast and wondered if there was a way to repair or replace with an after market ballast? a new ballast is over £300 +vat :(
You can get second hand ones from Jap Performance Parts. My father is an electrical engineer and had a good look at one of my old busted ones. Couldn't fix it. There are so many components inside it would take forever trying to find the right one.

Adam

Ezza

Advanced Member
I got a second hand from from Integrastella that still set me back £90

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Got one for sale. Pm me if you like a second hand part! Was fully working when removed :)

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I replaced mine with a full aftermarket kit for £60 I think for hid direct. Bulb type is d2r.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Positive and negative wires. My car had an aftermarket HID kit already with the OEM connector removed and the new wires solidered and heatwrap to the car loom. Obliviously drivers and passenger side. Can't remember if there is an earth wire too. But if there is, just earth it to the chassis.

I dunno if the OEM connector would allow you to use spade connectors?