Headlight Prob

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Hey chaps, my prob is that the drivers side headlight works only occasionally, is this the ballast going? Never had HID's before so I don't know what the signs of a dodgy ballast is.
Cheers

garytc78

Advanced Member
I've gotta similar problem my passenger side won't come on unless i turn it on and off a million times just seems to come on when it wants??????

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
It could be the ballast on its way out, and if thats the casem one day your lights just wont come on

But with it flickering etc it could also be a connection some where so i would check them all just to see, put your lights on and wiggle the cables to start with, that will indicate if there is anything loose about

Also swap the lamps over and see if you get the same problem, could well be a lamp on its way out

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Funny this post should crop up today as someone kindly pointed out that my passenger side headlight wasn't illuminated this morning so I popped the bonnet to see how easy it would be to replace the bulb.

Agghhhhh....how the heck do you get to change it ???

Do you have to totally remove the headlight, or remove bumper and headlight ??? it doesn't seem a simple task when I've had a look at it :shock:

Or do I ask the kind people at Unit 8 to sort it when it goes for the MOT on the 16th :lol:

hondafreek

Advanced Member
no, it doesn't flicker, it just won't come on! As stated gary above, it comes on after you turn it on and off loads of times. Real pain in the ass.

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Used the search fuction and found some decent info, apoloies if I seemed lazy I was just so tired last night I didn't fancy trawling through hundreds of posts :)

another_ronald

Advanced Member
I have the same problem, the passenger light is flickering like disco spotlight.
I took everything apart and found the connector to the bulb has melted. :cry:

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
After investigation I've found out it was the ballast pack and not the bulb that had gone :cry:

Getting the bumper off and removing the headlights I found was quite a simple operation, even with one of the four bolts securing the headlight in being in a very awkward place to get to.

So I needed a ballast pack rather sharpish for the weekend so I could fit it for the MOT next week.

Thanks again go to to David Johnson at Steels Honda for excellent service in getting me sorted out quickly :D

Thanks too to Mastercard for being there and taking the strain :D