Headlight Sanding - Insides?

20Drift

Members
Staff member
Hi all,

Will throw an introduction thread up soon, as have just imported a car but spending every free minute doing bits whilst waiting for that V948 to turn up!

I‘ve wetsanded and polished my headlights twice (800/1000/1500/2000/Megs Ultimate Compound) but I can‘t get them to come up clear. The fronts are definitely clear and smooth, so wondering if I need to split the units and do the insides of the plastic? With the dipped beam I can see something on the inside (see pics) but not sure if these are salvageable or not - any advice?

Thanks!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Much better to buy new. I know spending nearly £400 on 'headlights' seems mad to people, but the difference is massive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

20Drift

Members
Staff member
Thanks all! Where can I get replacements? Somewhere like Torque GT do them?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Hendy Performance, Tegiwa etc or direct from Honda.

Rom

Advanced Member
Another for Hendy, best deal I found when I got mine

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
James at Hendy always looks after us lot. Just make sure you mention the recommendations on the forum and hell give you as much discount as he can :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ste01

Advanced Member
I've always found my local honda dealer the same or cheaper than Hendy. Might be because I've got delivery too... I'd get a few prices and then choose

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Tegiwa came in cheapest for me by a mile but I had to go and collect them due to them breaking in transit.