Headlights

Aly

Advanced Member
Hello!

Car just failed its MOT because the headlights are different colours (it passed last year?) anyway... From my research on here a DC5 comes with HID's as standard, is that right?

it's the passenger side that's needing changed and I read that removing the battery allows u access to the headlight is that correct?

Also what type of bulb is it? it's the main beam that's different.

Thanks.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
HID's are standard on the DC5, but usually swapped over for SVA when they come into the country, sometimes removed completely.

This might help for access, not sure about bulbs though but sure someone may be along who can tell you (unless its right in here):
http://www.reflecton...a_RSX_02-06.pdf

Aly

Advanced Member
Is there any shops that actually sell a philips hid d2r bulb 4300k ?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
If your attempting to remove the bulb it's better to just remove the bumper and take the headlight out.. Bumper takes 5 minutes to remove..

Remember the cover on the back of the headlight has tamper proof Torx screws. So you may have to try and get a Torx bit or use some small pliers to grip the head of the screw to turn it..

Aly

Advanced Member
Having a poke around just now, the white plastic bit the bulb plugs into does that pop out or twist out of the headlight ?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Yeah that Part twists after you undo the screws.. It can be tight to twist aswell.

Aly

Advanced Member
Are there screws on the plastic part holding the bulb under the cover that had a screw securing it?

Zani

Advanced Member
No its not, the cover is independent to the bulb... the actual bulb is held to the headlight via 2 metal clips

Aly

Advanced Member
Gonna follow the guide on here and take the bumper off. I took a picture of the back of the headlight my massive hands ain't gonna be ale to do anything useful.

gonna order a philips hid d2r bulb 4300k, is that the standard temp?

mikegsi

Staff member
43k is standard colour, but you'll pay a fortune buying a single Phillips one. You can buy a pair of non branded ones for less than it will cos to replace with a Phillips. Good time to consider upgrading to 6k temperature bulbs. Much brighter with an ever so slight blueish tinge to them.

Aly

Advanced Member
Got one for £ 36 posted.

selling my dc5 soon anyway just want to pass the mot. all greens part from the dam light!

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Can somebody please post the link that aly is refering to as i need to take mine apart aswell!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24307-front-bumper-headlight-removal/page__hl__%2Bbumper+%2Bremoval__fromsearch__1

Here you go matey bumper and headlight removal.

hope this helps