Heated Recaro seats?

FinDC5

Why? I would understand if the seats were leather, so they would be cold in the winter. I have heated seats in my winter car and hardly ever use them. And you dont even have a "real" winter in uk. We can have minus 20-30 celsius in the winter time in Finland

2ndy

Advanced Member
I fitted a set to my s2000 when I had it, very easy to do and very worthwhile! Heated seats aren't just for the cold, they're nice to have in whenever..

For the price kits are it's very worthwhile especially if your driving over winter

I say do it!

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
I fitted a set to my s2000 when I had it, very easy to do and very worthwhile! Heated seats aren't just for the cold, they're nice to have in whenever..

For the price kits are it's very worthwhile especially if your driving over winter

I say do it!
Yeah exactly! not always for the cold they just feel good and sometimes dont even need to use the heaters.

Will give it a go. If you recommend any kits lets me know. Thanks

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
It's a fairly common thing to do in the BMW community as well as not all come with heated seats. If you're comfortable with wiring and taking your seat fabrics apart, it looks pretty straight forward.

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Comfortable with that so hoping all goes well. Will wire both switches to that removable small section of plastic directly below the handbrake and also buy another second hand peice so that it can be kept original if ever need to :)

2ndy

Advanced Member
I got a set from capital seating but got them through eBay and where a bit cheaper.

The only wiring is a power and an earth, power to the cigarette lighter as it turns off with the car so the seats won't be left on then there are plenty of earths.. The only thing I didn't like was there was a lot of wire for a 2 seater car but you could run it round the dc5 fine

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Thanks very much!. Will wire up to the 12v Socket (cig lighter)

The kit arrived today so will update my build in a couple of weeks after a good usage :p