heater/climate control lights out

shanedixon

Advanced Member
my heater climate control lights have gone out the ac one and the one to the far right witch changes from the face to window and stuf lol am i right in saying u try and pry it out at the top left i did try this but mine wouldnt come out and dont want to snap any plastics of mark anything has anyone else done this before its a pain in the ass haha

Future

Advanced Member
If you need to run a diagnostic test to try and find the fault, try the following:

The Climate Control Unit has a self-diagnostic function. To run the self-diagnostic function, do the following:

1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

2. Turn the fan switch OFF, the temperature control dial to Max Cool (58 °F or 18 °C), and the mode control dial to
Vent.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II), then press and hold the recirculation control switch.Within 10 seconds while
holding the switch down, press the rear window defogger switch five times. The recirculation indicator blinks
two times and the A/C indicator comes on, then the self-diagnostic will begin. About 15 seconds later, the selfdiagnostic
will finish and the A/C indicator goes off. If there is any problem in the system after finished selfdiagnostic,
the recirculation indicator will blink the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 1 through 13.When problems
in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit are detected (codes 14 and 15), the A/C indicator will blink the DTC. If
no DTCs are found, the indicator will not blink.

If you get a blinking light on the recirculation indicator light, the number of blinks will correspond to the number on the left and tells you what is at fault.

1 An open in the in-car temperature sensor circuit (see page 21-16)
2 A short in the in-car temperature sensor circuit (see page 21-17)
3 An open in the outside air temperature sensor circuit (see page 21-17)
4 A short in the outside air temperature sensor circuit (see page 21-19)
5 An open in the sunlight sensor circuit (see page 21-19)
6 A short in the sunlight sensor circuit (see page 21-20)
7 An open in the air mix control motor circuit (see page 21-21)
8 A short in the air mix control motor circuit (see page 21-21)
9 A problem in the air mix control linkage, door, or motor (see page 21-22)
10 An open or short in the mode control motor circuit (see page 21-23)
11 A problem in the mode control linkage, doors, or motor (see page 21-24)
12 A problem in the blower motor circuit (see page 21-25)
13 A problem in the EEPROM in the climate control unit; the control unit must be replaced (see page 21-48)

The 2 below will make the A/C indicator blink, and again the number of blinks corresponds to the fault.

14 An open in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit (see page 21-28)
15 A short in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit (see page 21-29)

Cancelling the Self-diagnostic Function

4. Turn the ignition switch OFF to cancel the self-diagnostic function. After completing repair work, run the self-diagnostic
function again to make sure that there are no other malfunctions.

This was taken from the Acura RSX 2002-2006 Service manual and helped me when the power transistor went belly up.

I hope this helps, I downloaded the service manual from this forum somewhere but I can't find the link.

Regards, Chris

Future

Advanced Member
ah right, well hopefully it is as simple as that then!!

It is a pain to get the unit out of the dashboard, there is 2 clips which need to be pressed down.

One at the top right and if i remember correctly the other is on the downward slope of the left hand side.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm/correct this.

Just be careful, as it is easy to make the rubber trim over the top of the unit not sit right afterwards!!

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Might just take it into Honda doesn't seem like anyone knows exactly how to get them out and I don't want to ruin it might aswell get ready to get raped :(

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Get a flat head screwdriver. Be careful and put it in behind the control unit. Gently pry it out. Think it's held in on right and left hand side. Just take your time and you'll manage it. Once it pops out disconnect the wire harness at the back. The whole unit will now come out. Using a Philips screwdriver take out the 4 screws at the back and you'll be able to get into the internals. You'll be able to see the bulbs then. The bulbs are in a plastic holder thingy just unscrew and they'll come out. Can buy the bulbs off eBay for a few quid. If that doesn't make sense pm me and I'll give you my number

shanedixon

Advanced Member
il give it another go tomorow is ther a specific place on the left and right to pry it from ?

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Special bulbs from Honda. The logos (AC, Little car and Rear heater) are about £8 a bulb.
The dial ones are about £4. The unit prys out from a certain corner, think it's the passenger side

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30187-facia-lights/page__view__findpost__p__293841