Heater fan intermittent

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Since changing my heating control bulbs my fan speed switch has become intermittent. I thought it was the plug in the back of the heating control as I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started working again.

But after a week of driving it I've realised the fan speed comes on and off, at first it comes on for a second then goes off again, then after a while it comes back on and seems fine, if I then change the speed a few times it goes off again and after a few minutes comes back again.

I've even tried pushing the plug in with the fan speed cranked up and that had no effect so I don't believe I've fudged the plug, and I've noticed it doesn't work at all unless the engine is on (or so it seems).

Could this be the resistor pack? It seems for other people with fan speed issues when it is the resister pack the fan is either stuck on or wont come on at all, but mine is intermittent?

Any idea which relay it might be or if its more likely to be the resistor pack? Its driving me bonkers! Poor teg :(

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Well it could have been a number of things but guess what, it was the heater resistor pack! So it seems intermittent fan can also come down to this resistor. I managed to find a breakers locally with an EP3, plugged it into mine and hey presto all good again, best part of all it cost me £20 lol

I almost went to Honda and paid the £70+ it costs for this but in the end my persistence paid off!