Heater Fan Speed Stuck

martinj46

Advanced Member
This morning the fan for my heater has got stuck on a low speed. Turning the knob doesn't work anymore. The heat can still be changed as normal though.

I've had a search and it seems that it's fairly common for the heater motor resistor pack to need replaced. Would this be causing my problem, most of the threads I've found about that suggest the fan gets stuck on full speed if that is the problem? Any ideas how much the resistor pack costs, a quick google suggests £30-£40?

All help appreciated, cheers!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Yep. I had this problem. Resistor pack from Honda should do the trick. That price seems about right.

martinj46

Advanced Member
For future reference I got an EP3 part from a local breaker for £10. Fixed! Thanks for you help, much appreciated.

Craigb1

hi , would this resistor pack fix my fan blower?, its not working at all, all lights and other knobs seem to work just blower , any help would be appreciated as its a nightmare in the morning.

thanks

Mark_teg

Staff member
Craigb1 said:
hi , would this resistor pack fix my fan blower?, its not working at all, all lights and other knobs seem to work just blower , any help would be appreciated as its a nightmare in the morning.

thanks
I'd check the fuse first.

Craigb1

I will check the fuse , but I don't think it is because it would work then stop , switch the car off and back on again and would work for a bit then stop again , now won't work at all , if it's not the fuse could it be this resistor pack , ?

Thanks

wj51fut

Advanced Member
If you can get to it then pull it out. There is a lack cap on the transistor pack. Pull this off and you can see inside it. If it looks burnt out then replace it. But as Mark said, check the fuse first. Or give it a wiggle!! Lol

maxvr6

Advanced Member
When I changed my lights in my heater control panel the fan stopped working at first, then I disconnected the plug and plugged it back in and it all worked again, could just be the plug has worked itself loose a little over time hence the intermittent issue, if you haven't already its probably worth giving the plug a wiggle if you've checked all fuses.

Craigb1

Just took the black risisotor block out of the fan blower and put one in off a friends dc5 and bingo blowers work ! All thanks to the forum AWSOME !
Just need to buy one now

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Craigb1 said:
Just took the black risisotor block out of the fan blower and put one in off a friends dc5 and bingo blowers work ! All thanks to the forum AWSOME !
Just need to buy one now
Ace! 👍

New ones from Honda are not cheap. See if Tegiwa or Dave at Steels Honda can help you out before you spend too much cash.

Craigb1

cheers mate , i have just bought one off a 2005 ep3 for £30 off ebay , hope its the same, £76 from honda

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Hey Craig how did you get on with that ep3 resistor? Seems mine has actually gone too :(

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Sweet i just cant bring myself to pay that much for a crappy little resistor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk