Heater Fan Stopped Working

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Hi lads, the heater fan in the car stopped working today :angry:

I done a quick search here and seems a few people have had this issue

I checked all the fuses and there ok but i dont no what relay to check or how i would no its gone

Any help with this would be great

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Heya mate if all relays and fuses are ok then check this crappy link out. http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=756617 i'll continue to try and find you a better link as I know there is one on club rsx somewhere, I had to do this in our ep3 as a quick fix and then replace the unit once one was sourced. This unit should be behind your glove box and is a little bit tricky to find but might help. I'll post a better link ASAP with better diagrams. This is a temporary repair and not for long term use

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Try this one http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=506999 hope this helps it got me out of trouble in the winter for a few days, there are other fuses and relays to check but if all seems ok then have a go

larz

Advanced Member
I've got this problem too... It's a pain... Part number quoted on clubrsx is 79330-S6M-941. I just requested a quote from the local Honda dealer. Will keep you guys posted...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i suspect it will be the transistor pack as outlined in the clubrsx link, i havent done this to a dc5 but have in many other cars. i personally would not link out the thermal cutout for any period of time, it is there for safety to prevent the motor etc burning out

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Agree this is not for a permanent repair, more of an easy way to prove the fault and then replace as necessary. hope you get this sorted buddy

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
@ ollydc5 Thanks for the link mate :xgrin:
Gonna have a good look at it whenever i can get time

@Larz will you let me no how much the unit is when you get the price back off honda :xcheers:

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
i suspect it will be the transistor pack as outlined in the clubrsx link, i havent done this to a dc5 but have in many other cars. i personally would not link out the thermal cutout for any period of time, it is there for safety to prevent the motor etc burning out
No i dont think i will try and do it mate, knowing my luck the car would go on fire or something :xcheers:

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Checked this out this morning and ollydc5 was bang on with that link

The problem was the transistor pack, its soldered up now as a temporary fix

A new one off my local Honda Dealer is €70

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Much hassle fitting this?
No mate handy enough tbh
Just pop off the cover in the passenger footwell where the ecu is and its located on the left side
Two philips screws hold it in place just pop out and fit new one Job done :xgrin:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Seems like I have this problem too. The control panel lights work. The circulation button and motor (that you can hear) is working. But I have no power to the blowers and no air-con. Could it be this box that is in the passenger footwell?!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Seems like I have this problem too. The control panel lights work. The circulation button and motor (that you can hear) is working. But I have no power to the blowers and no air-con. Could it be this box that is in the passenger footwell?!
Try Under Dash Fuse 14 10A Black/Yellow, this controls the AC as well.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Right, just taken the transistor pack out and had a look. Have used a multi meter between the two soldered parts on the heat component (not sure what it's called!) and it was an open circuit therefore it's busted. Just wondering if I can just replace this part or whether I need to replace the whole unit.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
whole unit, it should be about £50
£66.18! That includes VAT. He is going to sort out a discount for me as I buy all my bits from that dealership. Couple of quid will help. Here tomorrow so will let you know how I get on.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
£66.18! That includes VAT. He is going to sort out a discount for me as I buy all my bits from that dealership. Couple of quid will help. Here tomorrow so will let you know how I get on.
You asked Dave at Steels just out of interest? Price comparison and all that...