Heater problem

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
hey chaps

ive just got my car back from XO Powertuning.. alas not everything is hunky dory..

fine my cars runs @ 279.2BHP..

problem list:

1) Steering wheel isnt straight when ya going in a straight line..
2) i got Knock light on from K-Pro at low revs. in every gear.. (XO says its a faulty 02 sensor..) - awaiting new one
3) my air con doesnt work anymore - they had to drain it when they removed engine.. and CLEARLY havent filled it back up..
4) my heaters dont get HOT like they used to.. they get just off cold.. which fecking sucks in this weather. takes me an hour of sitting in car to demist windows..
5) its taken 4 month so far for my new exhaust to come.. still havent got it
6) my suspension knocks.. when the cars been stood for a while and ya pull off.. only on the passenger side front.. (i suspect a loose spring)
7) my front tyres are now bald.. ( more on the inside of the tyre then the outside..)
8 ) Car revs itself when standing still.. and its not when the Fan comes on..
9) im sick as fook!
10) car feels lumpy at low revs.. like theres a fuel cut or something weird with the map..

any remedies or fixes would be much appriciated..

other than fook XO off and take it to TDI!!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
your heaters don't work as i suspect they have removed the stat.
A honda engine especially k20i should not be run without one. if they don't get warn enough it can stop the vtec from working properly

to be honest when reading your list of faults it seems that XO are responsible for all assuming your tyres were good.

did they fit the suspension? if so it needs geo doing, springs if coilovers often knock theres not much can be done about it.

if they are not helping then take it to tdi north.

your lumpy idle, knock light, heating issue, reving itself, all points to bad mapping.
The kpro is not easy to map and imo best left to the real pros and there is as far as i'm concerned only one in the uk, Tdi North.

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
yes they fitted the suspension..

yes they fitted the cams.. (and it now sound slike a diesel)

they have removed the stat? as in thermostat? why would they remove it?

thing is i still owe XO about 600 quid.. and hes hounding me for payment..

but tbh im reluctant to pay it..

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
they might remove the stat to reduce the engine temps, some think it helps performance, it doesn't. It will however take ages to get warm, probably never hot tho. the engine is designed to run at a certain temperature to give the best compromise between performance and emmissions and driveability. removing it, can make the ecu think its not up to temp and it can adjust the fueling to suit, (bit like a choke on and old car) this can make it idle poorly etc.

if the cams have been fitted correctly and they were from a reputable manufacturer they should be no noisier than oem,

you should offer them the chance to put all these things right before you complete payment, why should you pay for incomplete or substandard works? simple .....you shouldn't.

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
cams were 2nd hand.. had done 5k miles.. and instead of swopping the whole head like they should have they cut corners to save pennys and just get the cams and spring that have already been run in.. it is starting to quiet down, but probs only cos im thrashing the tits off it..

logik

Advanced Member
As Evo says mate, if i owed them 600, they would not be getting it. You have not received the car back in full working order and it sounds like they have cut corners.

raz786

Advanced Member
I wouldn't pay them until you get the car checked over by TDI North, because if they have made a pigs ear of it then you may have another bill to pay :(

chrisr111

The heater might not be getting hot because of an airlock. The heater matrix might be the highest point in the system which can make it tricky to bleed.

I feel sorry for you, this is not the first horror story I have heard form someone who has had their car 'tuned' by Gunter / XO motorsport.

Chris.

mikegsi

Staff member
D@nCeR said:
ive just got my car back from XO Powertuning

theres your problem straight away........

you must know from experience that the lads a muppet, only good for rr days imo, and he still managed to do my last one wrong........ (for which he still owes me a re-run)

tdi mate

sorry to hear about the hassle though......

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
just been down to XO...

new O2 sensor fitted.. no more knock..
suspension nipped up no more knock..
tappets were adjusted to standard guage.. hes gonna change these on friday nxt week.. so more no diesel noise..

steering will be also be straightened

its amazing what not paying someone does..