Heater vent gauge pods

Dannymean

Advanced Member
Does anyone know who makes these? What to fit a gauge into my heater vent, seen a few done from America but can't find a actual place to order them from?

Thanks

Dan

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
It's really easy.
Just remove the panel.
Unscrew the vent
Modify the vent (use a wire cutter or dremel)
I used rubber foam around the gauge to fill the gap.
I made a bracket from stainless steel and fixed this to the panel.
And now you have a gauge in the heater panel ;)

Mudgey

Advanced Member
I am literally just in the middle of desiging a holder for an AEM A/F gauge to fit in one of the vents, I have a commercial grade 3D printer here at work so when the design is finalised i'll be able to determine if the costs are sensible enough to run out a batch of them.

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
Been thinking about an AF gauge for mine for a while. the one vent that i never use might as well be used for something...

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Currently printing the 3rd revision but its getting there.
How does this panel come out as a small part of my dash covering has slightly listed and was wondering if I need to remove this and stick it back down then re-fit the column?

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hi Carl,

You literally just need to pop the climate control panel out, no need to remove anything else other than the air vent via 2 screws on the back. I would definitely recommend using some plastic bike tyre levers or something similar & thin to pop the control panel out. The dash panel material surrounding it is quite soft and easy to mark. It's key to lever the climate control panel right where there are clips behind holding it in place, once everything is fitted it simply slots back in place.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi Carl,

You literally just need to pop the climate control panel out, no need to remove anything else other than the air vent via 2 screws on the back. I would definitely recommend using some plastic bike tyre levers or something similar & thin to pop the control panel out. The dash panel material surrounding it is quite soft and easy to mark. It's key to lever the climate control panel right where there are clips behind holding it in place, once everything is fitted it simply slots back in place.
Cheers mate, I wonder if maybe one of my clips has broken and this is causing the dash covering to rise slightly? Will have a look.

Cheers

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Take out the headunit and push the climate control unit from behind, it's easier and won't damage the dash.