Heavy steering on acceleration

Hoti

Advanced Member
Hey,

I have noticed after i put on my new RE070s on that when i accelerate hard the steering becomes incredibly heavy and twitchy. My new tyre's profiles are 225, slightly bigger than normal however the rest of the measurements are identical and they are on OEM rims. I have Eibach coilovers and was thinking of getting FRSU, would this help, if not what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Nige.

Kyletyper

Advanced Member
im in the same boat buddy i have these tyre's 225 as well and my steering is really heavy to, im running buddyclub coilovers with out frsu i would be interested aswel if anyone can help :)

Coomya

Also bear in mind that the height of the sidewalls and therefore the rolling radius will also be different (not just the tyre width)

Marpol

Advanced Member
I'm also running RE070's on standard rims and haven't noticed any difference in the steering?

I have eibach springs and FRSU

Not much help I know but thought I would share :xhappy:

donkeykong

Advanced Member
i just got 225 tires too, i have a set of tein monoflex and my suspension was also twitchy...i hardened the dampers and it's much better. I think a good alignment also helps. I'm gonna put a steering relocation bracket on and change the tie rods...it's also possible that there is play somewhere in the front that causes this twitchyness.

Hoti

Advanced Member
I am yet to have FRSU done so im hoping from what people are saying it will help. I have heard alot of people running RE070s with no problems with FRSU so im optimistic!