Heavy Vibration in the wet - Any help appreciated

yunster

Advanced Member
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone on here as ever experienced a heavy vibration when driving in very wet conditions?

What happens is that the whole exhaust / engine vibrates quite violently and i need to slow the car down before it stops. This only happens when i drive in the wet and the roads have a few puddles.

I have an AEM V2 air filter and a DC sports cat back exhaust so i have sort of elimated the possiblity of water getting to my air filter. I have a feeling it is my exhaust as it never did this when i had my stock exhaust on.

I have spoke to a couple of mates with CTR's which experienced the same / similar problem but never found out what caused it.

Any help appreciated. Cheers :?

jimmi27

Advanced Member
I also get this problem, often when driving in wet weather i get a heavy vibration from the engine/exhaust which vibrates through the left side of the drivers seat, i think my problem is the fact that i think that my 4-2 section and 2-1 section of manifold might not be connected properly, :? . this problem comes and goes so any ideas as to what it is wuld be great.

Duncs

do not worry about it, it happens
i got it first on a very wet motorway,
then on a trackday when it was VERY wet, thought i had broke it but it was fine,
V hot exhaust and water do not mix

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
yeah its normal i guess, cos most aftermarket zorst made from aluminium/lighthened stainless steel and somehow vibrates when its too wet, stock exhaust never had this problem due to its material i think... dont know bout titanium tho.....

yunster

Advanced Member
Thanks for the help guys. :D I was hoping that it would be something that was normal. Just annoying when i drive out on the wet as it doesn't sound very nice when it happens.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Nice to see you and your gf yesterday. Sorry we couldnt hang about longer as I had an appointment.

I'm sure your car is fine but I cant imagine how water on your exhaust can cause vibrations?? Strange.

yunster

Advanced Member
Yeh nice seeing you and your gf too yesterday. It is strange why this happens but Tom has checked out everything obvious and all looks okay.

matt b

Advanced Member
I had a problem on my 1st CTR, think water used to get above the heat shield of the cat and almost boil away under there hence the noise, only in really wet conditions mind!

b12oon

Advanced Member
yunster said:
Thanks for the help guys. :D I was hoping that it would be something that was normal. Just annoying when i drive out on the wet as it doesn't sound very nice when it happens.
it doesnt sound good,reallly loud, but its great for scaring the grannys :lol: mine does the same,had to change my undies first time i heard it as i thought exhaust was burst. its obviously the heat of exhaust and water but why doesnt it happen on any other cars apart from the dc5 and civic? or does it?

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
yeah, my civic with lighter custom piping gave the same problem... wost with titanium zorst...