Hel brake lines.....how are people finding them?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I have had a great opportunity to own a new set of these lines for a very very good price. I'm just curious to see how people are getting on with them after a few years of use?

Read a few horror stories of them splitting etc... I know this could happen with any line, and hopefully only on rare occasions too.

Any feedback greatly received. :)

James

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Pretty sure the issue of them splitting was rectified years ago.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah I thought id read that, but couldn't find where id seen it. Haha.

Still, be nice to hear any good or bad points people have / may have had.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Same here first mod I did to the teg was up grade the brakelines been on for 3 years now & no issues.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah, it certainly isn't making it worse.

Imagine blowing into a balloon...(1 puff). The rubber expands, so imagine that is your oem brake line. Under temperature, the rubber hose flexes and expands causing the brakes to feel less effective, more pressure is then needed to move the piston in the caliper.

Now imagine blowing down a straw...(1 puff) The same amount of pressure effectively goes direct to the piston, and none of its force is lost in the hose expanding.

Make sense? Have to thank Mighty car mods for that little example. Certainly helped me understand the principles behind it. :)

DC5RS

DC5
So now I am tempted to buy them, how they compare with wezmoto brake lines or any other brand available?

I see wezmoto sells front and back on the price of the fronts from HEL. Which to buy?
I will also need brake oil? will it be removed in the installation?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah they were the ones I was supposed to be getting Tico, from the spoon sports demo car, but they are leaving them on. So I cant really thank them enough for the price they have given on the Hel ones. :D

Mark_teg

Staff member
For reference, TGM lines were about £60 when I bought mine, though it was a few years ago.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
My Goodridge ones have been fine. Put them on about 6 years ago and no issues whatsoever. A little wash and they still look new! Good price too. 👍

donzooo

Advanced Member
Used them on my old EK9, happy with them and no problems for many thousands of miles.