Hel or Goodridge Braided Brake lines

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Anyone have any opinions on which brand is better? or recomend another brand?

Cheers

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Haven't had any problems with my Goodridge brake lines. Have heard that the HEL ones rust on the collars/banjo bolts. But not in all cases.

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Cheers, I should have put it in the thread title but... what fluid do you use, just a standard off the shelf? or something special?

Thanks again

Stoo

Whining.....
Horror stories about both brands if you look hard enough.

I'd go for TGM's own lines, which is what I ran on my car.
However, HEL and Goodridge are just as good.

As for fluid, if you want to upgrade, Motul RBF600 is great.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Cheers, I should have put it in the thread title but... what fluid do you use, just a standard off the shelf? or something special?

Thanks again
I've just got whatever Honda put in but I will go with Stoo's recommendation when I need to change.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
In mine and a lot of people's experience stay away from the hel lines. I can extremely recommend the Tgm lines which come from mocul if I'm not mistaken. I've had no issues with mine and a great choice for your dc5

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I couldn't find an exact price and mine came with the f50 big brake upgrade, here's a link but it does say call for prices. Check them out but if not they'll probably supply you with what you need

http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/contact
Tel: 01252 811972

dotty

Advanced Member
Around £60 for the TGM ones.

I have a set of do-luck lines which are doing well.

You'll always read horror stories, I did with these!

You won't go far wrong with a set of TGM lines.

barryl85

Just wanted to ask why most of you change from the standard brake lines? and what yous feel the benefits over the stock lines are?

dotty

Advanced Member
Just wanted to ask why most of you change from the standard brake lines? and what yous feel the benefits over the stock lines are?

Braided brake kits improve braking performance, eliminates the spongy feel of rubber hoses and don't corrode!

A cheap and effective upgrade to our cars is to get braided lines, uprated fluid (rbf600 motul) and good pads (DS2500 ferodo)

They make a world of difference.

barryl85

Braided brake kits improve braking performance, eliminates the spongy feel of rubber hoses and don't corrode!

A cheap and effective upgrade to our cars is to get braided lines, uprated fluid (rbf600 motul) and good pads (DS2500 ferodo)

They make a world of difference.
Yeah I know what they are meant for but didn't know if they really improved brake feel by much. I'd say they can be less reliable than stock lines though.

dotty

Advanced Member
They are certainly an improvement.

Depends what you use your car for I guess but personally I'd get a set :)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I know what they are meant for but didn't know if they really improved brake feel by much. I'd say they can be less reliable than stock lines though.
Following this topic as now looking at braided lines myself. Just interested in your comment on "less reliable" is this from experience and what happened?

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
I had a goodridge line pop on my way to work, luckily I was only doing about 10mph. Got absolutely no sympathy from them on the phone, would never buy goodridge again.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
I have had Hel lines on both my old EP3 and my DC5 and they have been fine. fit well, no rust and no failures yet.