Hello all.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Been a member on here for years but posted very little.

However now that I've picked up my NHB DC5 (this one: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32450-nhb-honda-integra-dc5-type-r/#entry326767) I thought I better post up a newbie thread.

The car needs a bit of a tidy up with parking dents, cloudy headlights and pond in boot but otherwise touch wood so far so good.

I've always wanted a DC5 from the day I played the first need for speed game and saw the RSX. Unfortunatley years ago when I was ready to buy no one would insure me so I settled for an FN2.

Comparing the two, the DC5 is in a different class, feels much more race car like which is good because I bought the DC5 as a second weekend/track car. My FN2 was modded as well.

Plans at the moment are; book in at Grinspeed for full service with proper brake fluid and braided lines, followed by clockwise sump and buddyclub coilovers later in the year and then later in life, tdi north turbo.

Want to add a thanks to the forum as well for all the information on here which I've been snooping on.

Mebz

Advanced Member
RE Spirit said:
Hi and welcome Mebz,

Enjoy your new teg ;)
Freya DC5 said:
Pond in the boot haha! I've been there lol.

Welcome! :)
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Just need to wait for some good weather to seal the rear lights, I'm hoping that's all it is.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Welcome. Yes that will be all it is with the boot. Lots of helpful information on here as you probably already know so use the forum as your resource.

Always nice to hear owners of other Hondas rate the dc5 so highly as the dc5 is my first :)

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Yes, the foam seals behind the light go and let water in.

If you need anything Mirban, drop me a line on 01254 702888 :)

Stevie

paul hughes

Welcome back Mebs.

Steven is just around the corner from us, and fits Both our Buddyclub and SPD P1 Racing products. Our sumps are nearly same as clock but i think ours are cheeper for forum members. Also we tested ours on the GPS data logger at brands in 2007 when we developed it. so we have true data on oil pressure improvements around the worst corner in the UK,(clearways) dont know if any other manufacturer tests their products like we do ?? although we have used clock ones in the past when we run out.... :)