Hello from Aberdeen

martinj46

Advanced Member
Hello all!

As the title suggests I'm from Aberdeen, currently without a DC5, hopefully that will change soon though. After a quick browse around the forum there seems to be a fair few locals, so I look forward to meeting some of you

A bit about me? Well, my name is Martin, and I've recently turned 21, so can finally get reasonable insurance on something a bit faster

Cheers

Martin

martinj46

Advanced Member
It has to be the CW with red recaros for me, always wanted that colour combination. I went to have a look at a local one last week, which is priced fairly in my opinion, only got two concerns with it...

1. it's a 2001 car on 80,000 miles. How well do these cars take the mileage? I know the engine will go on forever if looked after, but what about the rest? clutch/suspension components etc?

2. The paint has faded to that slightly yellowish tinge that a lot of the DC2's now are. Is this correctable with a machine polisher? Or would it require a respray?

The reg plate was Y542 LRN, does anyone know this car? Any history would be greatly appreciated.

mikegsi

Staff member
Welcome along mate!!

A lot depends on the cars service history, same with most modern day cars tbh. Clutch life depends on cars state - modded/oem, how used trackdays/daily drive/weekend toy.

Honda paintwork has never been the best, but I'd be careful using a machine polisher and any cutting type agent, the paint is water based as even a vigorous rub with t-cut has been known to take paint off

martinj46

Advanced Member
Thanks for the warning.

The only obvious mod was an AEM V2 induction kit, but I'm potentially going back for a better look at the weekend, weather permitting, so I'll have a more in depth look at it then, and try and find some history for it.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Alrite martin. Another aberdeen lad!

Welcome. i had my car detailed before winter and the detailer said my paint thickness was surprsingly good....so it could just be pot luck.

martinj46

Advanced Member
Hello! I believe James Olley detailed it? I remember him showing me the before/after pictures