Hello from Edinburgh

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Hi

Been a regular "browser" for a while now but finally decided it was time to sign up as I'm pretty much set to purchase a DC5.

Current car is a track prepped EP3, but wanting something a bit little less focused and different.

The next plans for the EP3 was DC5 Brembo's, Recaro's and a LSD so changing car seems like a logical decision.

Only recent shot of how the car is at the moment,

Sure this forum will prove as useful as CTRO has done.

Grant (Wingnuttzz)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Welcome mate, I love the ep3 :)

When you say you're after something less focused what do you mean? Less track specific mods?
I confess I've never driven ep3 but most who have driven both would say dc5 is much more engaging with the likes of the hydraulic steering etc.

Good luck hunting one down anyway. This is a great forum full of very knowledgeable people. I've never had trouble finding answers to my questions and I had a lot being a complete Honda noob. This was my first Honda let alone type R!
Think I chose the right one :D

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Cheers for the comments :xgrin:

Thats pretty much it David, just something with less track specific mods. My car has gone beyond returning to standard, don't have most the standard parts less, and last year when I ended up doing a bit of commuting I did put the interior back in etc but it just wasn't the same car if that makes sense, wasn't as much fun.

Think the DC5 would be the perfect compromise for me as I still want a raw focused car, but not track specced! And the DC5 has the Brembo's and LSD that I was planning to do to the EP3 anyway so added bonus.

Might be going to look at one at MVM Imports in Dumferline tomorrow, I know it won't be a good car (I'm pretty sure they have had it for ages and its way overpriced) but I just want to get a proper look at one. Also one forsale in Aberdeen that I might be keen on.

kennye68

Wingnuttzz said:
Cheers for the comments :xgrin:

Thats pretty much it David, just something with less track specific mods. My car has gone beyond returning to standard, don't have most the standard parts less, and last year when I ended up doing a bit of commuting I did put the interior back in etc but it just wasn't the same car if that makes sense, wasn't as much fun.

Think the DC5 would be the perfect compromise for me as I still want a raw focused car, but not track specced! And the DC5 has the Brembo's and LSD that I was planning to do to the EP3 anyway so added bonus.

Might be going to look at one at MVM Imports in Dumferline tomorrow, I know it won't be a good car (I'm pretty sure they have had it for ages and its way overpriced) but I just want to get a proper look at one. Also one forsale in Aberdeen that I might be keen on.
Hi mate I've just bought another DC5 {from Alloa } I wouldn't buy one from mvm ,you'll pay through the nose for one with high miles there tbh ... better to have a mooch around and see whats about ... ;) You can pop over and have a look at mines if you want ,only 10mins from Kincardine bridge ..

photo.JPG

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Did you buy the one from a someone called J on Pistonheads. Was up for £6.4k or something like that. Was going to have a look at that one myself but it had sold by then. Looked like a good one.

From what I can work out, the one at MVM is worth about £6.5k tops, and even then it doesn't look like a great example although the EP3 wheels don't help.

There is another one in Aberdeen. M111 TEG, but the seller doesn't seem to be the most helpful through emails and his advert is the vaguest I have seen so will phone about that.

Everything else is way down south, Torque GT had a traded in one, but it seems overpriced, and then the 2 Artic Blue ones on here, one with 130k and the other modded one.

Kennye68, I might take you up on that offer, I'm pretty much set on one but still be good to have a look around.

kennye68

Wingnuttzz said:
Did you buy the one from a someone called J on Pistonheads. Was up for £6.4k or something like that. Was going to have a look at that one myself but it had sold by then. Looked like a good one.

From what I can work out, the one at MVM is worth about £6.5k tops, and even then it doesn't look like a great example although the EP3 wheels don't help.

There is another one in Aberdeen. M111 TEG, but the seller doesn't seem to be the most helpful through emails and his advert is the vaguest I have seen so will phone about that.

Everything else is way down south, Torque GT had a traded in one, but it seems overpriced, and then the 2 Artic Blue ones on here, one with 130k and the other modded one.

Kennye68, I might take you up on that offer, I'm pretty much set on one but still be good to have a look around.
Mines came from a mate ,who had it 2 years ago when I had my Arctic blue ,his brother got it from him then it went to Falkirk before he got it back again so know the car aswell .

Your more than welcome to come and have a spy mate This one's a minter ,just needs some cosmetic work done under the bonnet [rocker cover and sparkplug covers look tired tbh ] Have got new one's coming from Brencivic on here in a Buddy club design ...P.m me if you want to come for a spy !!!

P.s your right that one has been at mvm for more than a year {over priced on nearly 100k }

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
hey wingnuttzz!

good luck with the hunt :)

its not as 'busy' in here as ctro, but normally its quality over quantity ;)

dotty

Advanced Member
hey wingnuttzz!

good luck with the hunt :)

its not as 'busy' in here as ctro, and the user-base is certainly not as chavtastic, quality over quantity ;)
Agreed.

We try to keep this corner of the Internet quiet, especially from the average CTRO member hahaha.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
PM coming your way kennye68.

Just had a look at that one at MVM (was bored and it felt proactive) and there is basically no paperwork with the car, rear arches had been rolled and they were starting to rust and personally I felt it could do with a new clutch and brakes (discs at least) all round. But they refused to do that, just a basic service and MOT and they wouldn't take less than £7k for it. Had mismatched tyres, 2 or 3 were bad budgets, but had Tien Springs, and camber adjusters. Also some random looking rusting in the engine bay...

However, loved the driving position and it felt like a much stabler car. So I definitely want one.

The quality over quantity seems about correct. To be honest, CTRO seems very immature now...

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Haha, Wouldn't go quite as far as common. Think i've seen 3 in my 4 years in Edinburgh, 2 whites ones and a blue one.

Anyway, moving on, all things going well should be collecting a Artic Blue DC5 on Sunday \:D/