Hello from North of the wall

MarkyFandango

Hello

I've been browsing this forum for quite some time while looking and deciding on whether to buy a DC5 or not. Well today I've finally committed and placed a deposit on one! I originally took up on Torque GT's personal import service as I live in Scotland so quite hard to come by decent spec DC5's for sale, and that they have a very reputable service which is so important when purchasing a car not in person (quite the internal battle to overcome).

After a few weeks with no shows in the auctions, lucky me I had the chance to purchase one that they've imported themselves which another buyer fell through on. Ideal! So I've got about a month to wait for registration before picking up. Not bad saying as I was looking at closer to four :xhappy:

Hopefully all goes well and the car lives up to Darren's description. Yay!

George92

Welcome along and I done the exactly the same as you. Got my DC5 through Torque GT and couldn't fault the service, worth the long drive from up here in Scotland.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I thought I was travelling far from the Midlands!

Congratulations and welcome. You've now got the horrible wait for that email/phonecall to say it's all ready.

On the day you'll feel ill on the way down and wonder if the car is what as described and wonder if the trip is all worth it. Believe it will be, Torque GT are fantastic and the car will certainly be what you expect!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

MarkyFandango

Haha, this is exactly why I went with Torque GT. I didn't find anyone to say a bad thing about them after trawling forums and reviews. A very difficult feat to accomplish!

Yup a long way, but should hopefully make the drive back one helluva journey. Might have to just stick to B roads...

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Discsimpson said:
Haha, this is exactly why I went with Torque GT. I didn't find anyone to say a bad thing about them after trawling forums and reviews. A very difficult feat to accomplish!

Yup a long way, but should hopefully make the drive back one helluva journey. Might have to just stick to B roads...
When I collected mine from Torque took me around 5-6 hours to get home as there was two accidents on the 42. The excitement took over and I wasn't bothered at all specs on the car? :)

MarkyFandango

hollowaydc5 said:
When I collected mine from Torque took me around 5-6 hours to get home as there was two accidents on the 42. The excitement took over and I wasn't bothered at all specs on the car? :)

This one right here

The exhaust is a HKS which I am excited to hear in the flesh, was looking for an after-market exhaust anyway so a nice bonus. The induction kit is by a brand called Top Fuel. Apparently it isn't a particularly good one and can actually be a hinderance to performance. Does anyone know anymore about it?