hello from surrey

Rob82

Hi,I've owned a few dc2 's in the past which i cherished my last one was a type rx version which was unblemished condition sadly had to get rid due to needing a deposit for a house.

Now on the hunt for a clean dc5 not in a rush to get one as i want to search around for the perfect one. xthumbup

Rob82

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Hi chalkie you know me i'm the mafia man in woking haha.

you have your dc5 still? hope all is well.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Welcome along buddy, I'm not too far from you over Purley/Croydon way. Good luck with the search, if your not In a hurry thought about importing maybe?

Rob82

Cheers Alexander,looked into it but I've realized about importing is that you need to do a lot of work to them i want get a head start on all that by buying through a forum member or one that's been cherished.Still in two minds at the moment.

Rom

Advanced Member
Rob82 said:
Cheers Alexander,looked into it but I've realized about importing is that you need to do a lot of work to them i want get a head start on all that by buying through a forum member or one that's been cherished.Still in two minds at the moment.
Welcome

What do you mean a lot of work ?

giandc5

Advanced Member
Normally you need to get all the engine mounts changed because there all perished away as in all the other bushes on it.clutch maybe need changing.Its not like you can drive before you buy.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Welcome, if your on facebook have a search for a fellow named Nathan Read. He's part of the H.I.S group (hondas in south) and a member on here but not that active.

I've seen his DC5 advertised for sale on facebook, go have a look. You won't be disappointed.

Here is 2 pictures

Rob82

@ rom thanks i think giandc5 answered that question.

Hi tico just had a look on facebook but couldn't find him or the group.

Can you send a link? does look like a lovely example.

tico_87

Advanced Member
No worries. If you go further down his facebook you can see the for sale advert.

Rom

Advanced Member
giandc5 said:
Normally you need to get all the engine mounts changed because there all perished away as in all the other bushes on it.clutch maybe need changing.Its not like you can drive before you buy.
Thats why you have a warranty.
I know what your saying. But im sure all the imports dont need everything. Mine hasnt.
And unless someones changed it all...it could still need it as a UK car. They are all old now, its wear and tear parts.

Certainly arguments for both sides. Cant be a UK car for price / value though, as a lot are modded.

Rob82

Thanks guys for the welcome.

I've put a deposit on a dc5 and picking it up on Friday.it's been on the forum here so you guys might of seen it before.

Put some pictures up when I get her.