Hello im new DC5 Question

Sunburn

Hey guys,

Been looking at getting a Integra TYPE-R 2002 DC5 know very little about them other than the fact they look gorgeous

Seen advert for it, as car is only 7 miles up the road but have never ever considered a import so have very little knowledge about this area of cars etc.

anyways heres the advert description....

1 PLATE REGISTERED 2002
ALL NEW JAPENESE IMPORTS ARE REGISTERED UNDER A.M.MOTORS.
SO WILL STILL ONLY SHOW AS NO. OF FORMER KEEPERS AS 0 ( ZER0 )
FRESH IMPORT
FULLY UK REGISTERED

HONDA INTEGRA 2.0 TYPE -R DC5

MANUAL
MILEAGE-59,500 MILES

9 MNTHS MOT
TOTALLY STANDARD NO MODIFICATIONS
RARE BLUE WITH BLUE RECAROS

(A/C MODEL)

6 SPEED MANAUL

ENGINE START BUTTON

TYPE-R MATS.

CAT 2 COBRA IMMOBILISER

(WITH INSTALLATION CERTIFICATE)

EXCELLENT CONDITION ALL THROUGH OUT

They are asking for £9500 does is sound a fair price? ill be looking to px a Renault Sport 172cup 02 plate 58k in good condition slight performance mods nothing extreme.

any advice appreciated.

Cheers guys.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Hi Mate...seems resonable but make sure you see the auction sheet for the car......thats a lot of miles for that age of DC5...look at the for sale section here or try 200 BHP cars in the trader section- for not much more money you could almost spec the car you want for a lot lower miles...good hunting 8)

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi sunburn,

Welcome to the forum!!

£9500 is too cheap for a fresh import - even with 60K miles on. Around £10,400 is about the price we could sell such a car for as a grade 4/B after making £500 import fee if the car was purchased in advance up front.

I could be wrong, but car has most likely been involved in some sort of accident damage in Japan to reduce the price down to such a level where an import garage can sell it for £9500 and make a profit - even a small profit at that.

Anyhow if the car is 7 miles from you the real acid test is to have the AA, RAC or another independant inspection company give the car a once over to determine its health. Such tests cost around £250-£350 but can be invaluable in such circumstances.

Also, before you do this ask the import garage for a Grade Sheet which will look something like this.....

Check the chassis number matches the car and inspect it closely to see if it might be a bad photoshop job to make a grade R car look like a grade 4.

The only other way it could be a genuine car is if the condition is poor, ie worn bolsters on the seats, scratches, dent and badly maintained mechanically. If this is the case - walk away regardless.

the Dc5 is an awesome peic4e of Machinery and £9500 is a lot of money for a bad one. Better pay a little bit more and have peice of mind that you have an awesome and straight one than pay too little and risk paying the price later down the line.

all the best ......

andy
200bhpcars.com

p.s - if you like blue check out this one... Its £3000 more but a stunner and has 21 times less miles on the clock :lol:

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16242

Sunburn

Cheers for the replies all,

After having spoken to the chap selling, i really had a gut feeling that this one wasn't the one for me, I have learned to listen to the inner voice :) and think perhaps its better all round to pay the little extra and go with a know and establish reseller/importer of these cars.

All i have to do now is get a few more freelance web dev/design jobs in to earn the monies.

ps. 200bhp, that link to thread, omg i so want that car, is that a typical example of what you can get or is such an example a one off or rarity?

look forward to your reply.

gonna make a signiture....
- will code/design websites for a dc5 lol -

gixer750

Advanced Member
my car that Andy found for me had 9K on it.
my friend bought a teg with less than 1K on the clock and iirc, over 5 years old! (from Andy).
if they are out there, he will find them :wink:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
gixer750 said:
my car that Andy found for me had 9K on it.
my friend bought a teg with less than 1K on the clock and iirc, over 5 years old! (from Andy).
if they are out there, he will find them :wink:
Thanks for the plug Danny!!!

p.s - i didnt relaise you knew craig who bought the 2001 "new Dc5" off us last year. Did you recommend him to us mate as i never send you the commision chq!! :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s.s - sunburn, i currently need a new website designed :wink:

gixer750

Advanced Member
Hi Andy, Craig had a DC2 when i met him at a Japmids meet. he went out in mine and fell in love with it. i sent him the link to the 'new' one in a pm
and now i have to take a bucket of dirty water to the meets to chuck over his teg, so that mine looks newer! :lol:
mine, Craigs and MilanoChris' cars. just out of shot is Bos5r's teg. Lockwood77 couldn't make that meet.

750 miles on it in this pic!!

boz5r

Advanced Member
yes that teg was so clean u could eat your dinner off the engine LOL also just out of shot a very nice WHITE NSX.