Hello & import questions

matt b

Advanced Member
Hello all!

I curently own a UKDM Dc2 type R previous to that had a Ep3 type R 8)

Now time has finally come and I cant get the DC5 out of my brain lol
So got the insurance sorted, Funk me £1900 @22 with 2NCB!!!!!!!!!!

I will have about 14.5k to spend on the car and know I can get them for this price... Where is the best place to sorce them? I want to make sure im getting a quality car, wot are these guys like?

http://www.futurautos.co.uk
http://www.neweraimports.com
http://www.linney.org (GTC)

How long do you normally have to wait or do they ever have them in stock?

Anyone know of any other trust worthyimporters with good reps?

Any other general info would be greatly appricated?

PS im in berkshire any local meets?

Cheers Guys :p

truffs

hello :D nice to meet another Berkshire DC5 owner, where do you live :?: If you are interested i could pop on down and show 'the' DC5 to own (sorry mike you know im right 8) )

Gary

Advanced Member
I chose to go with Newera-Imports cos they've been around for ages, bein one of the first companies to import quality cars as a benchmark (hence the name) they have a reputation second to none and they are in the unique position of havin their own resident buyer permanently based in Japan, who you'll deal with directly! He's one of the co-founders of the company and incidently also sources vehicles for many U.K. based import traders at least one of which has already been mentioned on this thread! He's also very fussy when it comes to choosing cars and turned several down on my behalf upon closer inspection. So should you choose them you'll not only be cuttin out the middle man but you can exact greater control over every aspect of the vehicle you'll eventually receive!
I ordered a completely standard 2002 blue DC5 with a black interior + 'C' Pack with under 10,000 miles on the clock and received exactly that last Fri! It's an auction grade 5A blue 2002 (Oct) DC5 with a little over 8000 miles, black interior, 'C' pack and it's completely immaculate and standard aside from a set of alloys worth two and a half grand, all for a final outlay of £16,120!
They work on a set fee basis (£900) which covers everything, such as sourcing the right motor, storge, shipping, transit insurance, SVA which I think in itself is worth about £300 and any bodywork usually minor stuff like scratches or pin-dents, also registration and six months road tax is included.
The numerous advantages of this system are obvious in that you get to choose the exact spec of your motor - i.e age, milage, colour, interior, optional extras, and standard or different stages of tune and of course the inherent transparency which leaves you safe in the knowledge that no matter how much your motor costs, with comfirmation provided by all the original auction paperwork, that from sittin in an auction somewhere in Japan to bein OTR over here will cost you 900 quid with no hassles!
So overall, risk and hassle free is nothin new but gettin exactly what you want for a very reasonable price is!

P15UL T

Advanced Member
hi matt
just wondering who you managed to get insured with as i called round on wednesday and nobody would even give me a quote. im 24 with 3years ncb. im still holding out hope so any info would be great !
cheers and MERRY CHRISTMAS
paul

DC5Ken

Gary said:
completely standard 2002 blue DC5 with a black interior + 'C' Pack with under 10,000 miles on the clock and received exactly that last Fri! It's an auction grade 5A blue 2002 (Oct) DC5 with a little over 8000 miles, black interior, 'C' pack and it's completely immaculate and standard aside from a set of alloys worth two and a half grand, all for a final outlay of £16,120!
I got mine from Proracer Imports. 2003, Blue DC5 with Blue interior, C pack, with just 2000KM on the clock. Full service history, Grade 5. Showroom condition £16,500

Ken

Gary

Advanced Member
DC5Ken said:
Gary said:
completely standard 2002 blue DC5 with a black interior + 'C' Pack with under 10,000 miles on the clock and received exactly that last Fri! It's an auction grade 5A blue 2002 (Oct) DC5 with a little over 8000 miles, black interior, 'C' pack and it's completely immaculate and standard aside from a set of alloys worth two and a half grand, all for a final outlay of £16,120!
I got mine from Proracer Imports. 2003, Blue DC5 with Blue interior, C pack, with just 2000KM on the clock. Full service history, Grade 5. Showroom condition £16,500

Ken
Yeah Ken you seem to have done alright cos that is definately a sweet deal but in your posts your car has had upon pick-up 2000km, 2000miles, 5000km and has been championship white and blue with a blue interior???

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
Yeah Ken you seem to have done alright cos that is definately a sweet deal but in your posts your car has had upon pick-up 2000km, 2000miles, 5000km and has been championship white and blue with a blue interior
Maybe he is stoned :lol: :lol: :lol: .....I remember I gave him a WHITE DC5(not blue) Red Recaro. 2000KM not miles or anything else....

Dixon

DC5Ken

ProRacer said:
Yeah Ken you seem to have done alright cos that is definately a sweet deal but in your posts your car has had upon pick-up 2000km, 2000miles, 5000km and has been championship white and blue with a blue interior
Maybe he is stoned :lol: :lol: :lol: .....I remember I gave him a WHITE DC5(not blue) Red Recaro. 2000KM not miles or anything else....

Dixon
Sorry, i was a bit too excited....its was a White DC5, Red Recare.....and 2000KM on the clock......

Merry Xmas and Happy new Year everyone!!!!

KEN :D :D :D