Hello! Newbie from Leicestershire...(sorry, verbal vomit inside)

Chewy

Advanced Member
Hello everyone,

My name's Lewis and I'm from the Leicestershire area!

On Tuesday 29th October after the longest 3 weeks wait of my life so far, I finally picked up my first ever DC5 :lol:

I've been on the forum for a little while now reading up on as much as physically possible before i took the plunge, the utter mass of knowledge and information here is astounding, it really helped me decide on what to get/look for and where to go, so I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for all the great work!

I had my heart set on a face lift model, year as late as possible and it had to be either Vivid blue pearl or Milano red...Unfortunately I didn't have the funds readily available to have one imported in my personal specification as I was having trouble selling my BMW 1 Series, so a part exchange was required.

The decision was made to make the 8 hour round trip to Torque-GT in Devon to view the only Vivid blue pearl face lift available in the country, a quick viewing with Mike (As many of you know, Great guy) I went away to 'think' - Needless to say Mike got a call lunch time the next day - decision made, deposit taken...!

Anyway!!! Sorry this was only supposed to be a quick hello...The pictures...!

Out with the old.

In with the new.

I'm new to Honda but have a keen interest in anything Japanese, Despite my car history not as such reflecting this...my history in no order ( Please don't judge me, Haha)

Rover 200 (First car)
Seat Leon 1.9tdi MK2
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS
Toyota Celica 1.8vvti
BMW 123D
Honda Integra Type R (Current)

At the minute she's stock apart from Mugen sports suspension, but as soon at the pockets go deep enough...this will change!

Wrapping up my 'blabbing' now, but after everything i have read and learned from you guys so far, i just hope I'll be able to contribute some advice or help to someone on the forum at some point in the future.

Thanks for looking, and Hello! :xyes:

coconat

Advanced Member
She's looking gorgeous! and hello to you fellow FL owner :)

sounds like you had a little adventure picking her up too which is nifty, what sort of plans do you have then or are you still pondering?

Make sure you check out the meet section for Japfest next year it was a great DC5 turnout this year

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Hello everyone,

My name's Lewis and I'm from the Leicestershire area!

On Tuesday 29th October after the longest 3 weeks wait of my life so far, I finally picked up my first ever DC5 :lol:

I've been on the forum for a little while now reading up on as much as physically possible before i took the plunge, the utter mass of knowledge and information here is astounding, it really helped me decide on what to get/look for and where to go, so I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for all the great work!

I had my heart set on a face lift model, year as late as possible and it had to be either Vivid blue pearl or Milano red...Unfortunately I didn't have the funds readily available to have one imported in my personal specification as I was having trouble selling my BMW 1 Series, so a part exchange was required.

The decision was made to make the 8 hour round trip to Torque-GT in Devon to view the only Vivid blue pearl face lift available in the country, a quick viewing with Mike (As many of you know, Great guy) I went away to 'think' - Needless to say Mike got a call lunch time the next day - decision made, deposit taken...!

Anyway!!! Sorry this was only supposed to be a quick hello...The pictures...!

Out with the old.

In with the new.

I'm new to Honda but have a keen interest in anything Japanese, Despite my car history not as such reflecting this...my history in no order ( Please don't judge me, Haha)

Rover 200 (First car)
Seat Leon 1.9tdi MK2
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS
Toyota Celica 1.8vvti
BMW 123D
Honda Integra Type R (Current)

At the minute she's stock apart from Mugen sports suspension, but as soon at the pockets go deep enough...this will change!

Wrapping up my 'blabbing' now, but after everything i have read and learned from you guys so far, i just hope I'll be able to contribute some advice or help to someone on the forum at some point in the future.

Thanks for looking, and Hello! :xyes:
HI mate welcome to the forum! and that there is a beautiful car!

Can i ask your views on the skyline? im considering a Skyline GTR in the future if things go the way they seem (keeping the teg though obviously) lol

thanks.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Welcome fellow facelift owner :), I see that one up for sale I was wondering who had it, looks outstanding bud.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Thanks for the kind words, and Hello to you all!!! :xhappy:

At the moment for me it's all about TLC...I've already fixed a boot leak (Thanks to the forum), Corrected the rear bumper alignment all thanks to a bent bracket, How that happened i have no idea?!?!

Before;

After;

Still a few things to check off the list before shes up to my personal standard (Yes, I'm one of those Haha) - I need to get a trip to TGM in pretty soon to get a Full service done. (for piece of mind)

As for first modifications, oh god...When the funds allow it, I'll probably change my mind though, but something along lines of the following;

Gruppe M or Tegiwa intake (Availability and price dependent)
J's racing 60rs SS or Toda power exhaust ( I like the dolphin/blue tipped exhaust )
OEM wheels sprayed white but with blue anodized nuts, but i don't like the idea of using the Tegiwa adapters to get the look I'm going for...
New TYRES !!! I have these horrible £40 a corner 'Events' at the minute that came with her (Funky Tyres, I'll be following through on my PM VERY soon ;) )

I'll be looking to start a little build thread to document everything i do in the near future, as I'm ideally going to keep her for a while. :xgrin:

Japfest is something I'm seriously trying to attend next year, for sure!

By the way RE Spirit, I'm keeping a close eye on one of your threads... *Coff*Mugen rear lips for FL*Coff*

Thanks guys :)

Chewy

Advanced Member
Sylar122 said:
HI mate welcome to the forum! and that there is a beautiful car!

Can i ask your views on the skyline? im considering a Skyline GTR in the future if things go the way they seem (keeping the teg though obviously) lol

thanks.
Hey chap, Thanks for the welcome!

A Skyline GTR and a DC5 !!! You have the makings of a dream team there, Nice!

Personally, I'm probably not the best person to give my views on a skyline Lol, as i consider mine to be a childs Skyline.

I was 18/19 and with stars in my eyes - It was a second car to my Seat Leon at the time, It was the Nissan Skyline R33 GTS 2.5... Wait for it....N/a Straight 6 RB25 engine, with an auto box, Haha.

Build quality though, outstanding to say the least...It was a 1993 with 33,000 miles (Genuine), completely standard (until i put a 4" bore half system on her LOL see picture) No rust, no mechanical or electrical issues what so ever...

BUT....The sound - the sound alone of the RB26 GTR engine is reason enough to buy one, forget the great reliability, build quality and performance.

Sorry i couldn't really help anymore than that :xhappy:

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Hey chap, Thanks for the welcome!

A Skyline GTR and a DC5 !!! You have the makings of a dream team there, Nice!

Personally, I'm probably not the best person to give my views on a skyline Lol, as i consider mine to be a childs Skyline.

I was 18/19 and with stars in my eyes - It was a second car to my Seat Leon at the time, It was the Nissan Skyline R33 GTS 2.5... Wait for it....N/a Straight 6 RB25 engine, with an auto box, Haha.

Build quality though, outstanding to say the least...It was a 1993 with 33,000 miles (Genuine), completely standard (until i put a 4" bore half system on her LOL see picture) No rust, no mechanical or electrical issues what so ever...

BUT....The sound - the sound alone of the RB26 GTR engine is reason enough to buy one, forget the great reliability, build quality and performance.

Sorry i couldn't really help anymore than that :xhappy:
Thanks for that info mate! yes its a dream team! itl come to meets and track days and il need a week to decide which car to take, haha i love my teg to pieces tbh best car I've owned by far! never ceases to put a smile on my face everyday. yeah i like the shape of the R33's the dream machine would be the R34 but they're keeping their value outstandingly well!