Hello

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Hey Guys,

Just picked up championship white DC5 type R. It replaced my midnight purple R33 GTR.

The car is totally stnadard apart from an air intake and is spotless. So glad i found a good example as ive seen some nasty ones!

All i want to do for now is get a decent exhaust and a good set of coilovers. What do you lot recommend?

Ive already got on the way braided brake lines and Ds500 pads to go on.

Thanks

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Welcome!

Pics please! ha ha, of both!? surely you miss the R33!? In purple as well! 8)

As for exhaust, I have the Kakimoto 06&R, but thats fairly quiet! coming from a skyline you will want something a bit louder! perhaps a buddy club Spec IV? Not sure, but others I am sure will advise :)

As for the suspension, many of us have got the Fast Road Setup done by TGM Sport in Hampshire, thats Eibach Springs with Camber arms and bolts. Brilliant improvement to the already great OEM setup.

Either way, enjoy!

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Welcome!

Pics please! ha ha, of both!? surely you miss the R33!? In purple as well! 8)

As for exhaust, I have the Kakimoto 06&R, but thats fairly quiet! coming from a skyline you will want something a bit louder! perhaps a buddy club Spec IV? Not sure, but others I am sure will advise :)

As for the suspension, many of us have got the Fast Road Setup done by TGM Sport in Hampshire, thats Eibach Springs with Camber arms and bolts. Brilliant improvement to the already great OEM setup.

Either way, enjoy!
Heres some pics of the DC5 today after a quick clean, sorry they are bad pics off my iphone.

And here is my old R33 GTR. I do miss the GTR but not the running costs. They use fuel like nothing. Its hard going from 400 bhp to 220 bhp but these DC5's are cracking cars!

Yeah i want something a bit loud but nothing to mad tbh.

I was thinking about some tein super streets. Any good? Had them on the GTR and they were really good for that.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
DC5 looks absolutely spotless! 8)

R33 looked superb too! Glad you see what a great balance the DC5 is for money and performance though.

No idea about Tein! but sure if anyone on here has them, they will let you know 8)

Thanks for sharing!

dave7368

Advanced Member
Hi and welcome former Datsun owner :rolleyes:

I have Eibach coilovers SPC rear camber adjusters with a TGM set up, just about perfect for road, occasional track use IMO :D

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Welcome Alex, looks like a nice Teg you've got there. If you're after a fast road/ occasional track coilover my choice would be the Eibach Pro Street's as well, they are very well suited to UK roads.

As you can imagine there are loads of exhausts to choose from. There's an exhausts catalogue which should help get you started but by all means, these are just a small selection. Are you planning to take the teg on track?

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Welcome Alex, looks like a nice Teg you've got there. If you're after a fast road/ occasional track coilover my choice would be the Eibach Pro Street's as well, they are very well suited to UK roads.

As you can imagine there are loads of exhausts to choose from. There's an exhausts catalogue which should help get you started but by all means, these are just a small selection. Are you planning to take the teg on track?
Thanks!

Seems like a nice set up if everyone keeps recommending it.

Yeah i can see the are alot of exhaust to go for! Ive been looking on funky power and im looking at going for the buddy club spec 3 or the skunk 2 system which has removable silencer which seems ideal.

The car will be used on track for sure

Thanks

Alex

Grov

Banned
Bet the DC5 feels like a featherweight, compared to that beast, hehe. Nice Skyline.

I thought about a R33 GTR before the 5, but couldn't bear the costs, glad i made the right choice.

Any more info pics of the skyline? hehe.

Vtec Accord

Nice looking DC5 :)

I picked up my 1st Dc5 yesterday andit has the Eibach Pro Street coilovers along with the fast road set up done by TGM. I took the car out today and put it through its paces and the handling is absolutley epic. Really impressed with the set up.

:)

gregb

Advanced Member
Hi and welcome,love the R33 GTR and for me previously i had tried to go from the DC5 to one but it never happened,not yet anyway :wink: .

Enjoy,it looks minto!