Help & Advice needed please......

Ichigo

Hi All,

2 weeks back I crashed the car :cry: Basically I spun the car and hit a soft verge. Looking at the car I had bent the nearside alloy, bent the near side lower arm, damaged the front bumper and got a leak in the aircon.

I cant see any other damage.

Yesterday I replace the lower arm and took it for a drive. Now the car squirms a lot under acceleration and braking :cry: I've tried to adjust the tracking and its helped a little but I notice the that camber is wrong...is it possible to adjust the camber on the front??

I'm going to get it booked in at TGM and have them look over it but I'm really worried that it cant be sorted :(

Does it sound like I have done some serious damage? Do you think that I can get it sorted and back to the great car it was?

Any advice is appreciated as I'm feeling very depressed about it :cry:

Wootty

Advanced Member
If all the front body panels line up - bonet front wings etc then you probably havent bent the front frame. I would'nt have attempeted to replace those parts without having it laser aligned afterwards - so it might be that it just needs a proper alignment.

Its hard to tell with these - when mine was hit on the side it put all the front drivers wheel out camber and toe in and it needed a new hub carrier at bits. But it was all re-built and once aligned drives like new...!

Dont worry yet mate - these things always seem worse than they are. Hopefully Tom will sort you out, He'll know for sure.

Ichigo

Thanks Wootty....that's reassuring to know. Are the hub carriers expensive?

All panels line up thankfully

I replaced the lower arm so that I can get it mobile and take it to TGM's

Wootty

Advanced Member
Dont want to scare you but just looked at my receipt and it wasn't cheap. The parts for my front wheel were:

strut - 160.00
knuckle - 171.00
Hub - 103.00
bearing - 56.00

But you might not need all or any of those... :shock:

Ichigo

Dont worry it wasnt a shock....Honda wanted £390 for the arm but I managed to get one for £150

Thanks mate

turbo5

Advanced Member
Years ago in my XR3i :oops: I spotted the national speed limit sign and put my foot down, trouble was after a 1/4 mile the road disappeared into a rough farm track pot holes etc. By this time I was going some, I slammed on but it was too late, two flat tyres, buckled wheels, and the various parts of the front suspension knackered. I had to have the car re-aligned . apparently it was sorted, but after something has happened to your car, physcologically you are always thinking about it and it doesn't feel the same/

Wootty

Advanced Member
turbo5 said:
, but after something has happened to your car, physcologically you are always thinking about it and it doesn't feel the same/
I know exactly what you mean..... I'm always thinking things aren't right, hearing noises that aren't there - waiting for something else to happen. I'm hoping it will wear off after time as it is getting better each day..

dan the man

Advanced Member
can just imagine Dave pinned now in the ford..

waaaaaaa!!! :lol:

with few pills in glovebox and copy of razzle on front seat :lol:

fastest man on the road 8)

Chi

Wootty said:
Dont want to scare you but just looked at my receipt and it wasn't cheap. The parts for my front wheel were:

strut - 160.00
knuckle - 171.00
Hub - 103.00
bearing - 56.00

But you might not need all or any of those... :shock:
Sorry for digging up such an old thread,

But was wondering if you guys new the part #'s for these parts?

Thanks.

Chi

LOL sorry about that,

Was jsut doing a search and the guys above seem to have experience or might of had it frmo getting those parts.

Jsut wondering if they by chance knew the part number.

Evs

Advanced Member
No problem reviving the thread - much better to do that than start a new one on the same subject :)

I'm sure Dave J will be about soon to help out with the numbers and current prices :wink:

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
having spoken to honda recently the knuckle (including ball joint) is £186 + VAT.

I got mine off integrastella who posts on here and breaks DC5's. They were £210 delivered for two.

HTH :D