Help/Advice please, repairing paint/decal to brembo brakes

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I've been planning to repair my calipers for some time, as the lacquer has started to fall off and they're going a bit matte and pinky. I have of course found this thread http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6608 which ideal for my needs, HOWEVER...

I thought I could get away with waiting until fairer weather came. I just took the wheel off to give them a good polish and a bit of wax. But in my eagerness, it has taken it's toll on the brembo decal. :cry:

Has anyone ever repaired a caliper decal?

I have a few options, I can either get a new decal (there's loads on ebay, but I don't know if they will be any good...) or it looks as though stencils are also available, whereby I can spray on white high temp paint...

Either method I guess will need the current remnants to be removed first..? I'm a little worried about going through the base colour (red) as previous threads I've read have highlighted that brembo paint is hard to find!

Or of course I can accept that it doesn't look too bad and just lacquer them, ignoring the decal all together...

What are your thoughts people?

EDIT: Here's the offending item...

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
I had mine resprayed and got rid of the decal altogether.

If you're not after spraying though, I would just lacquer over the top. Noone will notice. It doesn't look bad.

moggs

Advanced Member
If you are replacing the decal i would spray them again. Be sure to buy decent laquer tho. i bought the wrong stuf and it looks rough now six months down the line. will re paint them in the summer now.