HELP - Can't figure out where the last throttle body wire goes?

lujamil

Advanced Member
So I managed to change my manifold to a RBC with a 70mm throttle body. Finished everything, well I thought I had until I realised I had a wire which came off from the oem tb but I can not find where it goes on the 70mm tb. Retard much! I know.

I have managed to plug back 3 wires which came off the oem throttle body. I have attached a picture of the oem tb and in the picture, the middle socket (on the left to the inlet hole) is the one I can not find on the 70mm throttle body.

Also attached two picture of the throttle body/rbc which may/may not be helpful in finding where the last wire goes.

Standard TB. ^^^^

Pictures of the rbc and 70mm throttle body (below).

Any help will be appreciated. Don't want to have to take the throttle body off to find it!

Thanks in advance.

Timtegdc5

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you just need to take the mising socket from your oem throttle body.

The missing socket is the throttle position sensor, take it of the OEM throttle body and put it on to the new one. Unfortunately you will probably have to take the throttle body off again to fit the sensor to the new throttle body.

This video shows you how to do on a skunk2 tb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukPoe5E4Fqg skip to around 5 minutes

Give me a text if you are still having trouble mate.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Yeah, all you are missing is the throttle position sensor. Take it off your old TB and put it on your new one. Simples.

If its a skunk2 70mm TB you will need to adjust the sensor as it works at a different angle.

nellly

Advanced Member
no your right the 70mm is missing the TPS you can see where it should go on the left.

lujamil

Advanced Member
It is an spd throttle body. Where does the TPS go? Which picture? I think it's the last one in the middle of the tb?