help choosing induction parts

skerr406

Advanced Member
Hey

looking to add a new induction kit to my car but not sure what the best one is to go for? alot of people recommend the gruppe M but im uneasy about the scoop at the top between the bonnet and the windscreen.... or am i imagining that?

the tegiwa one looks much the same

was gonna go for the mugen airbox but i dont want to lose the noise VTEC makes

I have a mugen twinloop exhaust system so looking for whats best.

my car is totally standards

cheers guys

Rob R

Advanced Member
ARC intake. Just a little bit dearer than Tegiwas rip off GM and cheaper than the real deal.

Fitted mine a fortnight ago and I'm over the moon with it. Noise is \:D/

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i would spend 150 on an aem short ram, 50 on quality w=exhaust mani wrap, 20 on a filter heatsheid and 20 on some decent size ducts to funnel some cold air to the filter, or an aem cold air kit which sits behind the bumper.

the difference between these options and a GM are negligable from a power point ov view, (maybe 1 or 2 hp ) BUT both will sound better by far and cost less.

armjoker

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
i would spend 150 on an aem short ram, 50 on quality w=exhaust mani wrap, 20 on a filter heatsheid and 20 on some decent size ducts to funnel some cold air to the filter, or an aem cold air kit which sits behind the bumper.

the difference between these options and a GM are negligable from a power point ov view, (maybe 1 or 2 hp ) BUT both will sound better by far and cost less.
+1
AEM CAI is the way to go. Easy to find, cheap compared to others like ARC or GM. And easy to fit.

Rob R

Advanced Member
skerr406 said:
make a big difference?

how much was it and where from?
It's the only "performance" modification on my car but I think it makes the car pick up a lot better and feels more willing through the gears. It also sounds the badgers nadgers!

With shipping and customs charges it worked out about £450 delivered from www.tougedistribution.com

Grov

Banned
The ARC is just a box pretty much, the prices they charge for these kits are insane. The tegiwa is ok for 330, but still mad.

It's not gonna get you much power, without Kpro, and all the rest of it, so it's more for noise, so a AEM CAI is a better idea IMO.

Grov

Banned
C&S Evo7 said:

Do you mean this mate? http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=1102

Whats the difference between the V2 and other one's?

skerr406

Advanced Member
been shopping about and decided i dont really want any of them but seen this to get better throttle response

has anyone got this or any opinion on it?

Spoon high Flow Mass Filter - direct from spoon

Rob R

Advanced Member
If that gives you better throttle response then I'm Osama Bin Laden.

Still sits in the same crappy restrictive airbox with the cold air feed the size of a mcdonalds straw.

What are they, about £140 or some joke amount?

Rob R

Advanced Member
Much better off putting a ton towards a whole new intake in my humble opinion. Can get cold air intake kits from the states for around £140 delivered.

skerr406

Advanced Member
Aye but then i would have to get it mapped for the right bhp etc etc, and do i not risk water getting into the engine?

Where does the scoop for the CAI go?, its just my
Mates getting one on his mazda mps and is taking the same risk, not so sure i want to

Rob R

Advanced Member
You'd have to drive through a ford to have any risk of sucking any water up. I run one on my EP3 for 2 years with no problems what so ever.

You don't have to get it mapped, I noticed a difference from just fitting the ARC. Admitedly having it mapped will seek out one or 2bhp, but having it mapped for just a filter would be daft.

skerr406

Advanced Member
aw i must say i wouldnt get it mapped for the sake of a daft wee filter that i will have paid over the odds for lol

the CAI just people have put the paranoia in my head that it will wreck my car and where im from we get a boat load of rain and all sorts of rubbish

skerr406

Advanced Member
just a couple of things i was reading, like the mugen airbox for example, its supposed to either rid of the noise VTEC makes or just scrubs VTEC all together??