Help ! Engine mount inserts

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Hello can't do the last one ( at the back ) dose the exhaust have to come off to get the boult to slide out ? Any help would be fab ! :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
No you shouldn't have to take the mani off, at least I didn't have to, although I have an aftermarket mani so that might have made a difference. Keep trying mate, you will wiggle it into there eventually but be careful of the VSS, I managed to catch mine and break it so had to buy another.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Think the arb has to come out. TGM fitted mine ages ago when having gearbox work done mind, maybe that gave them more room. Hmmm im pretty certain there is a how to on the forum for replacing engine mounts (same process), with no mention of manifold removal.

C2AXG

Advanced Member
one of them is a complete bastard to do I cant remember which one I did now but it wasn't exactly easy was a right old sod to maneuver out.
the one I left I just couldn't see how it was shifting so left it well alone.

Phil r type

Advanced Member
All done . that last one what a absolute c..t ! In the end managed to work along the back of the bay and get it out through the passenger side wheel arch . thanks for your input guys think the best advice was keep wiggling it , don't give up , funny but worked :)

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Fair play to you for struggling on with it.
Just looked major tight to come out especially laying on my back! Probably easier with a pit or Ramps.
Hats off sir!

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Fair play to you for struggling on with it.
Just looked major tight to come out especially laying on my back! Probably easier with a pit or Ramps.
Hats off sir!

ferret

are you running a standard manifold with heatshield?? I nearly lost my mind trying to get the rear mount out!!!