HELP! Exhaust scraping on ground - Is this a common problem?

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I have had my DC5 for a few weeks now, and love it! But...

... Whenever I pull onto or off my driveway, a part of the centre section of the exhaust (Fujitsubo Power Getter) scrapes on the ground. My driveway is unusual in that you drive up and over the pavement, and the drive goes downhill over the crest.

I thought that it was due to the lowering springs (Spoon), but looking under the car, part of the piping does drop down lower than I would have expected. Is this normal? More to the point, do you guys think I'd be able to have it 'adjusted' at a local garage?

My old FTO was lower than this, and never had any such issues...

Don't want to damage the exhaust by doing this too much.

Cheers in advance!

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply. 8)

That's a bit of a bummer, isn't it! Do you think it's worth getting it sorted, or does it just sound a lot worse than it is? I think that the contact is pretty minimal...

Got a list of cosmetic stuff I wanna get sorted, so don't wanna add too much if it's not really necessary.

Cheers.

Suped

Advanced Member
have the same problem with the HKS, which is why I wanna go back to stock and move house where the area is rid of speed bumps and humps. very frustrating as you have to take either in an angle and hope the mid pipe don't catch. :x

Project

Advanced Member
Same problem with my 5zigen too, no matter how careful you try to be it still likes to kiss the bumps, had a look under myself and couldnt really see anything that i could do to solve it as it is lower than it looks like it should be, so just letting it kiss bumps as gently as possible :D

JiB

Advanced Member
Lol, I have the stock pipes and they still scrape in driveways with the Spoon Progressives :? :lol: :lol:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
My spoon Bpipe scrapes but only going over large speed bumps or going over the top of ramps in car parks!

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Just spoken to System-R about my Toda scraping, seems there's no way round it without being stock. :cry:

The Spoon pipe hangs low too apparently, as I had thought about changing to that to get round it.

Ah well, everything in life is a compromise I guess! :roll:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Ive had a good look under mine and i dont think theres much you can do either, as mines scraping too.

There doesnt seem to be much of a tunnel at all for the exhaust to go up into until you get back past the front seats, looks like its just the way the car is.

However the HKS does have a big silence that hangs down in the middle im wonderingh if an exhaust like the buddy club spec 3 with tiny silencer would be a lot better?

dan the man

Advanced Member
come play sunshine.

soon be muted :wink:

mine is lowered tho...depends hopw large the bump is at end of the day :idea: