HELP!! IAT sensor / GruppeM

JT3173

Advanced Member
Can anyone help me, my GruppeM was removed in favour of another system and the Induction Air Temprature sensor was left on it but I could not see anything like this on the GruppeM when I stripped it down for cleaning.

Can anyone tell me where it would be on the GruppeM or if it is on the black OEM rubber intake tube ASAP!

Thanks,

James

Jayk

Advanced Member
Hi Matey,

I think its on the OEM black rubber tube which contects the TB to the Intake. From what i can remember.

Jay

JT3173

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
You've taken the gm off in favour of something else???
Cheers lads ;)

I spent a bit of time with a panic search on Google and located it on there.
I have got one coming now anyway :wink:

Yes Mike, GruppeM is off as when looking at the BC CAI I could not see how it could possibly make more power than it so yep, its off and with a new owner.

kingston

Advanced Member
why dont you think the GM makes much more power than the BC CAI?

Whats the difference between the BC CAI and Injen CAI as i can only see it being the metal box?

Just interested btw as im tempted to sell my injen for a GM due to not knowing where mine breathes from behind the bumper.

JT3173

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
It gets worse........... #-o

:lol:
Mike,

I dont usually get a c@#k stand over anything but that is either a post to get your post count higher or a dig at myself or a product I have faith in.

What do you mean by your post?, I will give you the benifit of the doubt on that one and leave others to see your constructive efforts :?

kingston said:
why dont you think the GM makes much more power than the BC CAI?

Whats the difference between the BC CAI and Injen CAI as i can only see it being the metal box?

Just interested btw as im tempted to sell my injen for a GM due to not knowing where mine breathes from behind the bumper.
Kingston,

The reason I cannot see it makes as much power is that firstly the catchment size of the GruppeM scoop is far smaller than than of the front brake duct vent on the Ings kit which the BC alloy air box engulfs drawaing the air from.
Secondly I think that the force and velocity of the air that hits the bumper at whatever speed will be far greater than that of the air that has hit the bumper and travelled up the bonnet and into the scoop. I know there will be air that is forced directly in there but that brings me back down to the size of the scoop catchment area again.
Thirdly I have paid a fair bit of cash and want something that I know has proven itself which the BC on has, I know the GruppeM has, it has on my car but not with this set up and thats also what matters to me as I am sure you will understand.

Hope that makes sense ;)

JT3173

Advanced Member
flex1984 said:
so whens the buddy club engine going in , looking forward to see how it performs :D
Flex, engines in mate 8) Just waiting for the IAT sensor to arrive and the BC guys will bring her to life.

I will collect it next week for a little mapping at TDi North on the 20th, cant wait :green:

kingston

Advanced Member
Im guessing Paul would have to answer this but is it possible to have too much air going into the air filter area and therefore not enough going through the CAI (this goes for CAI's in general) due to the amount trying to pass?

Would ahve been interesting to see the GM vs BC results on the dyno

JT3173

Advanced Member
kingston said:
Im guessing Paul would have to answer this but is it possible to have too much air going into the air filter area and therefore not enough going through the CAI (this goes for CAI's in general) due to the amount trying to pass?

Would have been interesting to see the GM vs BC results on the dyno
Yes it would have been good to see, I was going to test them both with Paul but it would have cost a little so I chose not to go ahead with that.

Its personal choice at the end of the day, I am not afraid of going against the flow so I chose to try something new and cant wait to hear it roar once she's broken it :evil:

mikegsi

Staff member
JT3173 said:
mikegsi said:
It gets worse........... #-o

:lol:
Mike,

I dont usually get a c@#k stand over anything but that is either a post to get your post count higher or a dig at myself or a product I have faith in.

What do you mean by your post?, I will give you the benifit of the doubt on that one and leave others to see your constructive efforts :? )
chuff all to do with post count, or a dig at you, its a dig at your choice, but as you say its your choice, your car, if your happy with it then good for you

why someone would swap from what is generally regarded as the best intake product available which has dyno proven results, to a system with no history, that follows on the basis of what is still regarded as a very good intake, which is then further encased in a metal box, yes your choice of bumper will aid with good amounts of nice cold air going in, but personally i would have stuck with gruppem, ive used hondata with drop in, both injen and aem (on ctr) cai kits and the gruppem, i have personal experience from tdi north of the gruppem outperforming them all

JT3173

Advanced Member
Well Mike, I think you could have just said that first of all before submitting that post that did not explain anything ;)

Thanks though and I know it is regarded as the best but it has not been tested against this new BC CAI, nor has it been tested on this engine conversion which as I say when forking out a few bob you want what you know works first time round unless you can afford a few hours on the rolling road for what may turn up bad results.

Just my thoughts as I say :)

kingston

Advanced Member
you should have convinced them to pay for the double rolling road time to compare ;)

would have been interesting to see the results

flex1984

Advanced Member
oooo nice one, spose you will need to run it in before you can really give it some.

im thinking of this engine route but would like to see how u get on first, sounds like it could work out cheaper than buying and testing out loads of parts that dont work well together

sure your gonna love it \:D/

JT3173

Advanced Member
flex1984 said:
oooo nice one, spose you will need to run it in before you can really give it some.

im thinking of this engine route but would like to see how u get on first, sounds like it could work out cheaper than buying and testing out loads of parts that dont work well together

sure your gonna love it \:D/
I already love it and cannot wait I really cant!!!

Will let you all know what its like, dont you worry \:D/