help my new dc5 has broken down!

jason vagas

hi could anybody help?just driving along the other day and after about 40 miles i turned into a car park and the car lost all power stalled i restarted it ,it went for about 2 seconds and then died again!then all it does is turn over but it wont start.theres no lights coming up on the dash no milage no srs no engine lights no nothing but the interior lights work as does the lights come on the clocks when you turn on the lights but it wont start !called the aa which turned up after 2 hours they said theres no power getting to the dash strange? so i had to wait 2 more hours for a car transporter which i had to pay for to take it to a main honda dealer the other truck couldnt take it as they said my car was to low all in all 7 hours passed and then i had to get a train home . now its at the honda main dealer im worried im gonna get dry bummed by them as ive no idear what the problem is has anybody got any ideas as when i speak to honda i whould like to know if there bullsh**ing me! any help whould be much apreciated thanks :cry:

dc5ian

Advanced Member
sumtimes the car can cut out if the ecu is not earthed corectly, using earthed on the inlet manifold or the rocker cover

jason vagas

help my new tegs broken down

no mods just a buddy club cat back fast road set up eibach lowering springs :cry:

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
dc5ian said:
sumtimes the car can cut out if the ecu is not earthed corectly, using earthed on he inlet manifold or the rocker cover
I second that... def sounds like a wiring issue.

logik

Advanced Member
Re: help my new tegs broken down

jason vagas said:
no mods just a buddy club cat back fast road set up eibach lowering springs :cry:
Agree with this also, very possible something has become unplugged and/or a wire is touching.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Check the battery terminals, and also give the ECU plugs a wiggle.

Worth a try......

Torque-GT

Have you got an immobilser/alarm fitted?

It should start even if the dashboard is unplugged completely, so I'd think that is a symptom rather than a cause.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it may not start with the dash unplugged, they will have removed the clocks to add the "M" of mph to get it through the SVA test,

I would guess theres a loose connection there or on the ecu,

Your car will have also had to have an alarm/immobiliser fitted so there is possibly an issue with that.

I would start with the dash tho.

jason vagas

my teg has broken down

nice to get a reply from torque as i belive according to the reg plate its from you origionally.contacted honda today they said they have traced the problem to a faulty ignition barrel cost fitted 477 pounds does this sound right also they cant get one from japan so they are ordering one from belgium so ill have to use a different key?

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Re: my teg has broken down

jay82 said:
so the doors won't open either?
Dunno anyone who uses the key to open the doors.. most have remote central locking through the alarm.. "LA-DC5-ITR" has his door locks filled in and painted over!

jay82

Advanced Member
Re: my teg has broken down

Dc5Dub07 said:
jay82 said:
so the doors won't open either?
Dunno anyone who uses the key to open the doors.. most have remote central locking through the alarm.. "LA-DC5-ITR" has his door locks filled in and painted over!
yea suppose never taught of it like that

barrymcgrath

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dont throw away those keys just yet, and definitely advise against filling the door locks....

So mate, have you got the car back yet..? Hope its all sorted for you...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
honda might think the barell is the same as a civic which will have the transponder for the immobiliser inside, if your car is facelift this is also likely if pre then unlikely.

if i was you i'd call Dave Johnson from Steels hereford and get him to quote you, he is a great guy, reliable and trustworthy if you have not already had it sorted, also ask for the old barrell as it could be used by the wrong type of people to cut keys from which will open your doors, i can't imagine they can just supply a barrell to fit your keys from stock

he is on 01432267154