Help needed - eibach springs, mugen shocks

The Mofo

Advanced Member
Hi folks,

I've recently purchased some Showa dampers and then have got a set of eibach springs from someone on the ep3 forum thinking they're the same fitment.

Imagine my surprise when I go to fit the springs only to find that they both run the same direction and one won't fit the damper. Is this right? From what I've read the dc5 and ep3 kits are the same?

Gutted I won't be able to fit them today, anyone know where I can get a single spring from?

kazmo

Advanced Member
sounds like youre trying to put pre facelift springs on facelift dampers..

i didnt think ep3 springs were the same as dc5 though...

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Is yours a facelift mate? AFAIK the prefacelift should both coil the same way like an EP3

beppe786

Beppe
they should fit.. only the spring rates are different on ep3

like above FL one are different

kazmo

Advanced Member
both springs are wound the same direction?

are damper spring cups the same or a mirror of each other? some pics would help

beppe786

Beppe
The Mofo said:
I didn't think you could get mugen facelift dampers? Mines a pre facelift.
exactly.. i have a set of mugen shocks and have just bought pre facelift spoon springs to go them... they should fit my facelift

just need the springs.. hurry up spoon sports!!

kazmo

Advanced Member
so if you definitely got pre facelift DC5 dampers ? if the springs dont fit then you dont have ep3 springs..

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
prefacelift springs are wound the same way as are EP3 springs, which are the same.

facelift are mirrored.

so like kazmo says if you definately have pre face dampers springs are off something odd.

ive not seen facelift mugen dampers but its not impossible that they may exist.

get some pics up

The Mofo

Advanced Member
Looks like these are facelift mugen shocks then, they are mirrored not matching, so next question, how do I get two facelift eibach springs? What's the betting that I have to purchase a full set!

The Mofo

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
yes, i used to have them on mine...
Do you remember where you got them from?

Burn - not really wanting to spend that much especially after buying spring already and I've already fitted the rears with eibachs so don't want to mix it up.