Help needed please

raz786

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if the EP3 Fuel tank is the same as the DC5 one? My cousin needs one for his EP3 but it's difficult to find, will the DC5 one fit?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Raz, you should have said who you were when you called TGM, i was there looking at the two cars on the ramps for you. ;) ;)

the tanks look very similar indeed (remember the floorpans or the two cars are also very similar.) with very slight differences to moulding, but not in an area that i think would cause too much hassle, the basic shape is the same as are the fuel filler pipe and breather, i am not sure about the fuel pump hole etc as the carpets , seats etc were still in.
it would seem strange for Honda to make it very different when the two cars are almost the same underneath.

If he cant find an ep3 one a dc5 one might be even more difficult. BUT i do beleive Tom said he had a spare one there.

raz786

Advanced Member
Hey Si

Didn't know you were there mate :lol: :lol: Might give Tom another call and see if he fancies fitting the DC5 one and finding out for sure :lol:

I wish there was some way to find out if it fits :-k

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
just call dave johnson from steels honda he will be able to tell you if the numbers are the same,

if it was me, i would pull the civic tank and take some pics, send them to tom and he will look at the tank he has out the back.