HELP NEEDED... ***

Todd_77

Advanced Member
When driving along today, I drove over what I thought was a twig. The twig turned out to be a stone. (Didn't think it was that big)

Pulled in to notice a drip falling from under the car.

It looks like a pipe has been torn off or disconnected from somewhere.

I looked under the car to see if I could see where it should be going but no sign of anything.

The pipe comes through the chasis, near the primary oxygen sensor. Just about the manfiold.

Where the pipe goes through, from there I don't know where it goes.

Todd_77

Advanced Member
Quite alot of fluid came out of it to be fair.

Although when the car was running it stopped. Then turned off the fluid ran out.

Need to go check coolant levels.

Just very paranoid now after hitting it. Caused a blow out in my Js system too :(

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Hopefully (as above) it is the air con drain, did you have the air con on at the time? they will be working overtime ATM and will be dropping water all the time......Warm air on a cold surface = condensation.

T.G.

itrsarg

Advanced Member
My cars at home so can't have look for a while. I'm sure someone will have a look under there car ane tell you ;)

Todd_77

Advanced Member
Think you may be right in saying its the Air con drain. Air con was running for a good 50miles so probably is correct (hopefully) haha

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
If you switch the ignition on (but dont actually start the car) and put the fans on and put your hand under the pipe you should feel a slight breeze of air coming from it.

I had my car up on ramps (left the ignition on) and I was having a check over the underside I got to around that area and I could swear I could feel air blowing on me haha then I realised it was that pipe. :D

qamvti

Advanced Member
Todd_77 said:
Think your right man! Will check all fluid levels tomorrow just to be sure!
100% air con just go enjoy the car don't put the air con on and enjoy the weather before you know it will be -1 again lol