Help needed

RonnieK

Hi I am having difficulty with my DC5,
For as long as I've had it it keeps throwing codes and EM light keeps coming on .
It is a decat , and I have changed 02 sensors with aftermarket parts same thing happens light comes back on telling me it's running lean etc .
I have a guy looking at it who ran a live fueling check it n said it keeps running on open loop and various codes etc could be linked , he reckons the ECU might not be happy with the aftermarket 02 sensor 1 and suggested I buy a genuine Honda sensor which I am happy to do .
Can anyone help or share some wisdom , or any experiences that are similar that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks RK

LeeH

Advanced Member
I believe they do run lean, it was always advised not to run a decat without KPR0/K100

Basically you need a remap to be safe. 02 simulators were also available but not sure what is available now.

I believe the 2nd sensor is looking at the efficiency of the cat, which you don’t have hence the issues.

RonnieK

Thanks for reply LH , so basically buying another sensor will be a pointless exercise and I will be in the same position again?
When I bought it last year I was back and forth with boy who said this was never an issue n I got the feeling something wasn't right .
From what I have read etc , there is people who have not had an issue , I get this is irrelevant to me as I have with mine .
Excuse my ignorance as I'm not a mechanic but just want it running healthy for the little time it's out a year and constantly fearing I may cause damage if keep dismissing warnings .