help on buying a dc5

webbie

Advanced Member
hello all

after previously owning a civic type r 02 and crashing it and wrighting it off I have recently purchased a golf gt tdi but I miss my civic so its up for sale!

civics are awesome but are getting so common now
I have not seen 1 dc5 on the road ever
I really like the dc5 s
but could do with some help on buying one can any of you lot recomend a importer i will have about 14k to spend

also what group are they to insure will it be simalar to the ctr

webbie

GaryMan

i have been looking into this as well and maybe you should try the search function first as they are LOADS of post all over the forum.

i've spent a good 2 weeks reading through literally all the post re the DC5 in this section and found a lot of useful info. Just spend some time reading the posts as this question have been asked and answered many many times before :wink:

For £14k, you should be able to get a second hand one that is already in the country- there are a few in the "For Sale" section in the region of that mark.

As for insurance- its Group 20 as its an import so insurance will not be cheap- unless your acient :lol:

jun_auto

yeah good idea... i have imported a blue one for a friend for about 14k all landed and ready to drive too, 2002, and they are usually low milege but becareful for the traders that convert the km milege to miles, as its classed as clocking, and maybe not be accurate, but is best to do it yourself when you have the car so you know what its sitting at.

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
jun_auto said:
they are usually low milege but becareful for the traders that convert the km milege to miles, as its classed as clocking, and maybe not be accurate.
GOOD POINT jun_auto, i sell all mine with an untouched speedo but provide a milage certificate to convert displayed reading.

Cheers Duncan

jun_auto

hey thanks, but its good to make sure though. at least they can convert them afterwards if they want.
as long as speedo is done at sva.
are you a supplier for dc5's then?

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Hi yes i do import JDM cars, alot seem to be Honda's and i have a DC2 as my own personal car. I can only hold about 7 or 8 in stock with 4 on the way as i work from home. I have to beg for space to store them as i only have room for 5 at home. Of these 11, 6 are Honda's and i am on my 10th DC5 now i think.

Is it mainly DC5's you do and where are you based.

Cheers Dunx

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
I sourced my DC5 thru Duncan... The best buy I ever made! Top bloke, brilliant mechanic and loves & knows his Honda's... can't reccomend him enough xthumbup !

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Hi ok cheers m8, if you take your time you may get a choice of colours (white, red, blue) :wink:

Thanks Duncan