Help on new rear pads and discs

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Iv just bought some new rear discs and pads went to put them on tonight they are the wrong ones and the place wher I got them from said ther the only ones they do does anyone no wher I can get some or Is the best place Honda ? I need them ASAP as mine are screeching like mad also I have yellow stuff pads all round an updated grooved front discs will it matter if I put own pads on the rear and still have yellow stuff on the from ?

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Think that's what I'm gona have to do will it be ok with standard pads on the rear and yellow stuff on front

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Yeah there wont be a problem running uprated fronts and standard rears. Lots of people favor doing this on here as most of the brake bias is to the front =]

mikegsi

Staff member
Dave Johnson at Steels Honda will sort you genuine oem pads and discs out at a good price. It's been the general consensus that oem pads/discs are more than adequate for the rear brakes, even with track day use. Uprate the fronts, plenty of choice out there.

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Iv already got yellow stuff pads and dixcel discs on the front sorted it today £120 for the lot got em on in bout half an hour so job done just need to get a Honda badge for the front and a O2 sensor next lol

Gareth88

Advanced Member
I ordered my Dixcel discs from Dixon Motor Sport... Cost around £475 with the delivery. Most places have to special order them from Japan